Hot, Hot, Hotlanta

It's usually from the BD fanatics. Some are alumni, some drink the Kool Aid everyday, some are just faithful fans. If you really want to know the answer to your question, pick any of the threads discussing BD's show. At the first sign of criticism, someone throws the "hate" card. If you can't find them, you aren't looking.

Garry in Vegas

Patiently waiting (and wanting) a BD show I can enjoy again

I'm not a BD fanatic at all. My favorite corps are the Cavies and SCV. In fact, I have disliked most of what BD has done over the last 5 years ... but I do like this year's show.

Edited by jasgre2000

I completely agree. It would great if there were more access to the judge's reasoning ... or at least some kind of explanation for why one thing is judged to be better than another. I doubt they would ever release tapes, but I would love it if they did.

lol..yeah just want a judge wants....to be let loose on the lunacy here......they need to justify to the corps ..not the world.....thats like having to many cooks in the kitchen.....what next...OMG...lol

I'll tell you what I'd like to see...Effect Music and Effect Visual completely disconnected from ensemble and performance. Completely. Just ONLY the effect. But I doubt the corps or the judges would ever let that happen. It's too ingrained, and in many minds, clean = effect.

hmmm trying to understand , not be a smart xxx if performace isnt good then what kind of an effect is something...isnt that like giving credit for attempt?

Well you can keep trying to make it an either/or all you like but you're wrong.

A fan who boo's because they like another show more is far different than a fan who is booing because they genuinely hate the BD. By trying to lump them all into an excuse is just YOU opining that's there's only one valid reason for booing a score (the judge made a mistake). In reality ALL the booing is just a difference of opinion. Even the judges scores are merely opinions -- there's no science or measurement behind their number -- it's just their subjective assessment of young people running around a football field.

I don't think you are being honest. You know deep down fans are booing because Crown did not win and BD did. Many people feel like it is finally Crown's year and they cannot fathom the probability that Crown will come in second, (if not 3rd as here come the Cadets) Also, as far as last night is concerned it was basically a home show for Crown as compared to BD which is almost always the case this time of year. BD has only gotten to have home shows in their part of the country at this time of year once in almost 40 years.

• Like 3

Hmmm, trying to understand, not be a smart-xxx: if performace isn't good, then what kind of an effect is something--isn't that like giving credit for attempt?

No. It's possible to perfectly execute a show that makes no attempt to engage the audience, and possibly to poorly execute a show that makes every attempt to engage the audience.

lol ... Yeah, just want a judge wants: to be let loose on the lunacy here. They need to justify to the corps, not the world. That's like having too many cooks in the kitchen--what next? OMG ... lol

As others have noted, for a few years the DVD's did include audio tracks with (some) judges' comments.

• Like 1

I think this would be good. And/or audio tracks of the designers saying 'here's what we were doing here.'

DVDs from 2000-2007 had judges tapes and designer comments included for the top 6. It stopped in 08-present for what ever reason.

I wonder: did the results get booed at Crown's *actual* home show tonight?

Also, as far as last night is concerned it was basically a home show for Crown as compared to BD which is almost always the case this time of year. BD has only gotten to have home shows in their part of the country at this time of year once in almost 40 years.

If BD came out east with a broadly appealing show with a high level of emotional impact, the audience would eat it up and cheer their top placement. There may be slightly more Crown fans in the Atlanta crowd than in other regionals, but IIRC, the booing is happening at all of them.

Edited by skywhopper