Dear Show Designers

Also Fix You by Coldplay

fix you is the one song i actually like by coldplay.

i'll add these two. both are more "poppish" and repetitive than i usually care for, but i think a good arranger could have fun:

Edited by Lance
  • Like 1

Teal Sound used the chorus from Fix You in the intro of the 2009 show. It was very cool, the members loved it and it was recognizable by the crowd, even if we didn't use the bulk of the song.

I'm working on an arrangement of Jar of Hearts as we speak for band. I'd love to see that done in drum corps.

Edited by Kamarag

Teal Sound used the chorus from Fix You in the intro of the 2009 show. It was very cool, the members loved it and it was recognizable by the crowd, even if we didn't use the bulk of the song.

I'm working on an arrangement of Jar of Hearts as we speak for band. I'd love to see that done in drum corps.

I heard that the other day for the first time, and I swear, the first thing I thought was "Hey, Bluecoats should play this!"

Mike

Not only is modern pop music a relatively untapped source of playable music, this inclusion would directly attract younger audiences to drum corps, which, without a shadow of a doubt, is something the activity needs.

In addition, unlike classical pieces of music that has to be chopped up to be formally placed in a show, pop music commonly lasts between three and six minutes; this would provide arrangers with an easier time handling the pieces and leave room for diverse mixing and matching.

I, however, still wouldn't support (or imagine) a screamo drum corps show... shutup.gif

Edited by Measton

fix you is the one song i actually like by coldplay.

i'll add these two. both are more "poppish" and repetitive than i usually care for, but i think a good arranger could have fun:

I think Of Monsters and Men would do great out on the field. I wonder if anyone would take up some indie rock in their show? I'm just happy other people know about that band

• Like 1

"Some Nights" from Fun. is a great track. I have wanted to hear that in a horn arc since the first time I heard it.

Edited by prd9601
  • Like 2