Hello Choreography, Goodbye Marching

Dude! Dude? Dude?? DUUUUUUUDDDDE

there's a million ways to do it. in fact one year we counted 125 ways to properly use dude and what each meant.

Personally I never found the pit to be too loud before, tho at times not loud enough. sadly, now I find it to be too loud far too often because people think it should be at 11 all the time and no judge has the balls to call them on it

Not to be confused with "The Dude".

just for that, when i get to rehearsal the drum line all gets 20......lol :devil:

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddde

:tongue:

Not to be confused with "The Dude".

or a dude, or that dude, or even this dude

I have not seen them live, but have seen them online, and for large portions of the show it looks like each marching member is doing whatever he/she #### well pleases. Even if they are executing the crap out of their part, it looks sloppy and on the whole isn't very exciting.

if you saw them live you would realize that their show is anything but sloppy and there is very little time when the members are doing their own thing. they have a well written drill and visual package which is far superior to anything else on the field right now and they are performing it better than any one else is performing their shows.

lol..no drumming tonight........just push ups.....all for u...lol :tongue:

dude. I mean come dude. that's just brutal dude.

and worse dude...they WILL get you back.

im gonna call it Jeff Ream week.....I will tell them If I hear the word DUDE! Im gonna go jeff ream on ya.....watch out if I let them on DCP.....lol :devil:

bring it dude. i can send em used diapers from Sadie.

In fact I can fed Ex em to the housing site

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddde

:tongue:

Whatever duuuuuuuuuudddde!

One thing is constant.

Change.

There is very little in any performance art that is the same as it was 40 years ago.

TV. Radio. Movies. Theater. Comedy.

I love old drum corps. I love new drum corps. They cannot be the same, because the world has moved on... and everything in it.

Marching is going to disappear. Music isn't going to disappear.

It will look different. It will sound different.

I was positively thrilled with the fact that the silent Movie " The Artist " won the Best Picture of the Year in 2012. The Old loved it. The Young loved it. Americans loved it. The French adored it. The Chinese loved it. The entire world that got a chance to see it fell instantly in love with it. It had no sound from actors except a couple of words uttered at the end. It had no color. It was in black and white. It had no props. When it 1st came out it was not high budgeted, nor highly publicized. It had trouble getting sponsors. " You want to do a SILENT MOVIE ? ... "like from the early 1920's ? "... " Are you nuts ? ".. said most potential movie investors. But its creators believed in it. And the movie was made. It instantly became a classic. What were its endearing qualities to millions of movie goers around the world ? Well, it was about an actor who was his own film producer that would not give in to " change " . He saw change taking place all around him. But he did not care for that change, and stayed steadfast in his quest not to produce " talking films "but instead to continue to act and produce " silent films " as he had for years and years with great success. The public left him. They moved onto " change "of the new fangled " talking movie ". But he would not change to what he believed were superior acting found, not in the spoken word,.. ususally English ... but in the unspoken communication that could reach an audience with the universal comunication of facial expressions, eyes,etc and emotions the unspoken word could provide from one humam being to another.... and understood by all, no matter their native tongue. Facial expressions from a talented actor that could communicate more effectively and more grandly than a 1000 spoken words ever could. This movie was different. It brought us back to an age of Grandness where the noise was put aside..... where technology and the newest gadgets were set aside. Where gratuitous sex and violence as a means of pandering to short attention spans and was set aside. Where all the " new toys " of Cinema technology was set aside. Where marquee familiar multi millionaire overpriced actors and actresses who think of themselves as self important and bigger than the film itself are all the rage. The movie " The Artist " is a magnificent work of cinematic genius because it had the capacity to bring us back to a time before " change " where things were simpler, but not of high technological quality... where older silent movies were universally accepted as inferior in most respects compared to " the modern " movies, but were MORE magnificent in its offerings nonethless because it reached our hearts like no other modern film with all its technological advancements has been able to do.The movie " The Artist " demonstrated to the world that time absolutely can be made to stand still.. when its put in the hands of a few people with enormous talent,and an appreciation for things that are timeless and " good ", but from which were momentarily lost in a quest for " the next big thing ". THATS the genius that is at work in " The Artist ". The movie did not just respect its past. It went further. Much further. It recreated its own movie past. And the world fell in love with that.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1