2012 Drum Corps International World Class Championships

I had to go back and watch the awards again and listen to the rules for ties in Caption Awards! He said in the event of a tie in Awards the corps with the higher Caption from finals determine's the winner. Looking at the recap Crown won Finals In Visual Prof. so why was it still a tie!

• Like 2

I am so freaking glad this season is over. I just remembered I have a dog. Wow. Poor thing. lookaround.gif

• Like 1

SCENE: After Edina Monsoon spends a huge amount of money from her inheritance on art .....Patsy Stone looks down into the casket containing the deceased father of here dearest friend Edina and says... "Good God Eddy what is that?' Edina replies.... "That's my father Pats". and to that Patsy says.... "Yes Eddy, but is it art?"

Edited by bluesman
  • Like 1

I had to go back and watch the awards again and listen to the rules for ties in Caption Awards! He said in the event of a tie in Awards the corps with the higher Caption from finals determine's the winner. Looking at the recap Crown won Finals In Visual Prof. so why was it still a tie!

Oh the rookies.

I'll simply add this for all of those who are going on about BD winning and their dislike of the same:

0:10-0:14

That is all.

lol! If Cadets, Crown, Phantom, Cavies, and SCV aren't even more motivated than usual... consider the competitive aspect of the activity dead! Corps will fight back with a vengeance (whether its with the light or dark side of the force has yet to be seen...) :thumbup:

The thing I can't get over as I sit here staring at the recaps is that really only two races were even close (i.e. within a half a point). There was a huge spread tonight.

1st to 2nd: 1.05

2nd to 3rd: 1.10

3rd to 4th: 1.50

4th to 5th: 0.60

5th to 6th: 1.90

6th to 7th: 3.45

7th to 8th: 0.25

8th to 9th: 0.85

9th to 10th: 1.30

10th to 11th: 2.30

11th to 12th: 0.40

That's a total spread of 14.7 points across 12 corps!

Something I saw on facebook:

"Word on the street is Music GE judge (I think it was Richard Saucedo) said Crown OUTPERFORMED their musical program.... in other words, they lost GE Music to BD because their brass book was TOO EASY for their group. It's a rumor, but still.... Wow....

Correction: it was the other Music GE Judge, Glen Fugett, who gave them a 9.9 in music repertoire and BD a perfect 10 in rep."

Crown needed to finish in the top 3 in Percussion tonite ( and this year ) to have a shot vs. a BD Corps that had no weakness sections in their Corps. BD won rather convincingly tonite to cap off their undefeated season. Judge Glen Fugett was not the reason BD had a much stronger percussion line than Carolina Crown this year. What I take away from this year re. Crown and BD is that Carolina Crown had another entertaining show this year, and the BD had another year where they just outexecuted and outperformed everyone else in more captions and this resulted in their victory.

Edited by BRASSO