2013 Predictions

I liked the CADETS , when THEY were the innovative force , not the corps that rehashes someone ideas.

Scores , are for Administrations. Shows are for the fans.

I think Cadets are always innovative. Some years not my taste but others they are my favorite. This year seems to be a

deviation for them with respect to drill and visual. It was said by Hop back in the winter that they would be planning

the music around the visual instead of the reverse which is what they did in the past. We will see soon as moveins are

in one week.

I have given my earlier prediction much thought.

and still, whoever scores highest wins

I have given my earlier prediction much thought.

and still, whoever scores highest wins

Excellent prediction, Jeff. For my part, each year I've predicted future prediction threads, and have nailed it every time. ( lol!)

Edited by BRASSO

Cadets out of the TOP 8 ? If this occurred, this sure would an interesting development.

I know. Last time this happened was in 1980 when they were 10th. They played One Voice * Evening Concert * Fernando's Fantasy * Fire Dance * The Elks' Parade * Through the Eyes of Love

The next worse down year was 1991 when took home 6th, and were bested by the Crossmen at finals. They played their ABCs of American Modern Music show of Short Ride in a Fast Machine * Letter From Home * Prelude Fugue and Riffs.

The Cadets have been 5th a few times though, so that's about as low as I'd put them.

There has been a tie for 12th before. 1977 in Denver. Garfield and Kiltie tied for 12th, putting 13 in Finals. That was the year of the Bridgemen DQ. But they were allowed to compete, while the courts battled out their DQ. So it was a 13 corps finals.

http://www.corpsreps...&showid=1977048

http://www.corpsreps...&showid=1977049

Aha! Thanks for pointing that one out. I've never been able to find a year that fit the criteria before and you're the first to point this out. Maybe the Bridgemen DQ threw me....

I know. Last time this happened was in 1980 when they were 10th. They played The Cadets have been 5th a few times though, so that's about as low as I'd put them.[/size][/font]

Yes... placing Cadets as a prediction in 8th would be an unlikely 1 year fall for the Cadets. It would be a fall of 4 placement positions. The Cadets went 8 years of competition in DCI before finally cracking the TOP 12 for Finals Night for the first time in 1980 ( 10th ). But once in the TOP 12, they have never fallen 4 placement positions in 1 year. They actually has risen as much as 4 placement positions in one season and did so in '81 ( 7th ) to '82 ( 3rd ), and again in '91 ( 6th ) to '82( 2nd ).

Edited by BRASSO

I am excited about the Cadets show and think they'll be top 3. We'll see what happens but I doubt they're 8th when the dust settles.

Yes... placing Cadets as a prediction in 8th would be an unlikely 1 year fall for the Cadets. It would be a fall of 4 placement positions. The Cadets went 8 years of competition in DCI before finally cracking the TOP 12 for Finals Night for the first time in 1980 ( 10th ). But once in the TOP 12, they have never fallen 4 placement positions in 1 year. They actually has risen as much as 4 placement positions in one season and did so in '81 ( 7th ) to '82 ( 3rd ), and again in '91 ( 6th ) to '82( 2nd ).

Also, ran a 4 place jump going from 5th in 2010 to Champions in 2011.

Also, ran a 4 place jump going from 5th in 2010 to Champions in 2011.

Right you are, now that I think about it.

Right you are, now that I think about it.

" Just like moons and like suns, With the certainty of tides, Just like hopes springing high, Still I'll rise."

• Like 1