2013 Predictions

Cadets out of the TOP 8 ? If this occured, this sure would an interesting development.

Just feeling a bit ornery today is all.

• Like 2

Just feeling a bit ornery today is all.

C mor ornery tomorrow ?

Wesleyrp,

So glad you've climbed out of those May snow storms in Denver. But you haven't leaked any BK news. How about at least sharing where they will be doing Spring Training. They are one of the few silent corps in that regard.

Actually I'm in balmy San Antonio, but my beloved BK is having a Fantastic Spring! I'm loving everyone doubting this corps... They have the strongest brass they've ever had and perc and guard look to be stellar as well! Staff is very tight knit and reports are that the corps is turning heads! I'm excited, 6 current or former students of mine are marching BK and they're absolutely loving it! Most are vets and have noticed a huge rachet up in intensity and love it! Gonna be fun!

Wes P

Okay, okay.... I'm going to now play too... I'm hoping for at least 11 corps above 90 at finals...

1. Crown ( Things finally come together enough in all captions to allow this to happen)

2. Santa Clara Vanguard ( Things coming together to allow them to be the best in the West after leading the pack early season)

3. Blue Devils ( Great show, but even they've gotta have a down year every once in a while)

4. The Cadets/ Cavaliers ( It's a toss up. The corps will battle it out all year. The Cavaliers recover nicely from last year's debace and the Cadets are great as always/ The Cadets come up short in the end)

6. Phantom Regiment /Bluecoats ( Another round of ties. I really like what Bluecoats are doing, but Phantom will also be on fire. Still there are too many great corps to deal with this year and that's why they'll end up in these placements)

8. Madison Scouts ( Highest 8th place score @ 93 and a great tribute to their 75th anniversary celebration year)

9. Boston ( Highest 9th place score, but they can't move up; there are too many awesome corps above them. They will still score above 90)

10. Blue Stars ( Staff adjustments are just the thing to help them get back into finals and be above 90)

11. Xmen ( Get the execution up and you'll be here, above 90...)

12. Spirit / Troopers ( The first tie to get 13 corps into finals ever. DVD and Company will help guide the Troopers back into finals ( It's happen with DVD and the Troopers before ( '85???). Spirit slips in at the last moment and shocks everyone to battle their way back to finals yet again)

14. Blue Knights ( Staff moves hurt them)

15. The Academy ( Who knows, they could do well with this show; I have no idea how good they could be)

16. Oregon Crusaders ( Welcome to World class, they're going to be knocking on finals door soon with the shows that they're putting out lately!)

17. Pacific Crest ( I want them to move up and I hope the shock me with how good they are...)

18. Colts ( It will take a while for staff additions to help placement)

19. Surf ( Pretty great for a corps that was recently a weekend corps and has a lighter schedule)

20. Pioneer

tongue.gif

I'm okay with ties, obviously...

There has been a tie for 12th before. 1977 in Denver. Garfield and Kiltie tied for 12th, putting 13 in Finals. That was the year of the Bridgemen DQ. But they were allowed to compete, while the courts battled out their DQ. So it was a 13 corps finals.

http://www.corpsreps.com/scores.cfm?view=scoreshow&showid=1977048

http://www.corpsreps.com/scores.cfm?view=scoreshow&showid=1977049

We predict a lot of fresh, new material this summer.

Funny,...Lord & Taylor says the same thing.

Watched the live broadcast last weekend. Cadet's music is amazing. I see them in 2nd this year.

• Like 1

Already hearing some of my friends from other corps referring to the Cadets' 2013 show as: HOPKINS GOES TO THE BARBER or others as BARBER SHOP and the 16 prop towers he mentions in the livestream as BARBER POLES, ha, ha, ha :smile:/>/>

Edited by normy diploome
  • Like 2

Cadets finished music very early this year so Visual team had a nice head start on drill, guard book etc. All the captions are reported as extremely strong so up to design. It's fun to predict but silly until everything is on the field but this type of music (dark, aggressive) tends to be a better vehicle for them vs ( fun and cute). Looking forward to Cadets and Crown this year, my two personal favorites...

• Like 1