Dear Dinosaurs

More like the two ends of the Colonial Parkway (the 17th version of the Jersey Turnpike)

I dare ya to drive on the Colonial parkway like they do on the NJT. :devil:

s/ guy who spent waaay too weeks working at Norfolk....

I can attest that our relationships with our children do indeed change over time. That's as it must be.

Absolutely. Its best to tread lightly. Afterall, remember, the young get to choose our Nursing Homes someday.

Edited by BRASSO

I don't have any problems with the changes that have happened in drum corps and I marched when single tenors were just on their way out and they new doubles and triples were all the rage. I don't like some of the narration but if it's stupid I can leave and go to the bathroom or something.

The difficulty of the music is much more than it was back in the day but there is a lack of rudimental aspect to the drumming though which lends itself to more musical passages. I don't mind too much a plethora of buzz rolls and simple diddle patterns as long as they keep them in the I&E. Horn wise though it's light years ahead and they sound much better too.

All I can say is go to an indoor percussion show some time and bring an open mind with you. Drum Corps is not dead it has just morphed into more schools than before.

A lot of the stuff that I think are pretty cool in WGI I would have puked over 7 or 8 years ago but being exposed to it first hand makes it different.

A lot of the stuff that I think are pretty cool in WGI I would have puked over 7 or 8 years ago but being exposed to it first hand makes it different.

I think I know what you mean. Its like living by the ocean at low tide. They tell me that after awhile you sort of get use to the smell at low tide and don't really notice it.

• Like 2

What debate? Two people talking past one another. That's no debate.

But if you want to declare a "whatever," you have my proxy. Just don't say I lost. Too many good points in there!

HH

Glory, you told us you were done with this discussion!

This reminds me of a recent conversation. A young father, marveling at his baby daughter, asks his own father how, with a love so strong, it's ever possible to let a child go. The father surprises his son with the answer: Your relationship with your children changes over time.

Though I have yet to let my own baby girl go to make her own way in the world, I can attest that our relationships with our children do indeed change over time. That's as it must be. And it's okay.

Drum corps too. It doesn't have to be the same for us to love it.

HH

Still at it?

We turophiles prefer to think that we become more valuable with aging. :tongue:

unless you're left out in 100 degree weather

:tongue: