DCA I&E Mini Corps judging

Because its all about you.

"uninformed opinion" and hot air. If you dont get blanket support or your opinion gets challenged, the strategy is dismiss or discredit the other guy with a little name calling. JAM's uninformed :) That's cool.

In all the posts you've made, the audience is the afterthought as we are now very busy "leveraging feedback" from 3 judges to decide what to perform; Somehow that supplants the instant feedback from 2000 'judges' who let you know pretty quick if what you did hit the mark.

Pick another name for it, please, because it isnt Mini Corps at that point.

How about Class B? A smaller version of the same stuff that's on the field...Open, Class A, Class B. Mini corps will play at the dock. The Class B Championship will be at the stadium...on a 60 x 60 or larger field with full drill, critiques, tapes and therapists on hand.

This was Mini Corps...check out the last minute of each...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=12769846622064607

Music on stands! Good charts with enthusiasm and everybody freaks out at the end. These guys leveraged feedback from the AUDIENCE. Big difference.

You show up with a sense of gratitude (a place to play) and an offering (your gift of performance) and it comes back in spades (babies thrown over long distances).

You show up with a list of needs and wants...suddenly the spirit of the thing kinda changes.

Maybe its a good idea that got maxed out and now the heyday is gone. I'd like to think that the lightning in a bottle can be recaptured...call me crazy.

The real argument isnt really about tapes...that isnt going to bring out the fun or the corps that left the contest back around. If it is...let's do tapes. The argument is about the spirit of the contest and fun. Get those right and all of a sudden they'll be beating down the door to get one of the time slots again.

Sir, Thank you for taking the time to read though a number of posts filled with largely hot air and uninformed opinions.

You have captured the issue, and our stated goal - i.e. to enhance our ability to put on a better performance/show each and every year, by leveraging enhanced feedback from the judges - in whatever form that ultimately takes - audio recording, critique, revised scoring sheets, or a combination of the above.

No other agenda - Period.

Edited by wishbonecav
  • Like 1

"Let's have some fun!"

Up close and personal....it's a freakin' love fest and not a whole lotta 'nuance' if you know what i mean :tongue:

Skyliners didnt need a sheet or a tape to tell them what to play.

The audience has a 6th sense that tells them very quickly if the group in front of them is there to play for them or play for themselves. Let me be clear, and my posts from back in the day support it: Star always ALWAYS showed up with a gift. That's why the audience showered them with love. Same with MCL. Same with Sky. If you were busy performing to beat Star, win the contest and receive recognition for your talents as a first priority, as opposed to having those things come naturally after adopting an audience-first, gift-and-offering approach, its no wonder there's so much frustration...you didnt win and the audience didnt buy it. I guess the sour grapes thing started about 5 years ago...

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/117922-star-united-and-the-finals-exhibition/

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/130209-mini-corps-review/

24 pages of nonsense because i dared like Star and love Mini Corps.

If we don't get it right in a hurry, we are going to screw up a good thing.

Edited by wishbonecav

The I&E/Mini judges are unpaid. They get just one read on your show.

And based on that, you want THEM to influence your design and instruction?

• Like 3

So will Star.

Money bet that if you sent them the "new" rules, they'd say something like "cool" and come up with some material to fill the bill.

Scaled back or scaled differently doesnt mean it goes to hel l.

You (anyone) can still play flight of the bumblebee within the parameters of the contest.

I dunno about the rest of you, but I'll be at the dock :)

Edited by wishbonecav
  • Like 1

Ok. So, you pay a fee. DCA pays money for a place for you to perform. Does your fees cover that? Odds are no. But DCA does it to be nice, and they do not charge admission.

So, then to come in here and throw a ####### temper tantrum.....what does that accomplish?

if anything it does more of what several of these tantrums over the years have done.....

turn people off on mini corps. Why? because year in and year out, it seems there more drama attached to that event than anything else all weekend. The only exception may be in 2006 when the weather at prelims tied mini corps for amount of drama and hissy fits

Regarding DCA paying for the MiniCorps' venue....I'm sure they do. I think that Beer at $3.00 per ought to cover it. Even more monies would be had if they didn't sell out of the preffered beverage. Just sayin....

• Like 1

$5 and the beverage was not preferred.....

poster.jpg

Can't help but wonder what the score would have been had there been at least a touch of sobriety amongst us. Or maybe that was just me. Ya....we used to have fun. Just sayin...........

$5 and the beverage was not preferred.....

and DCA doesnt sell the beer, the venue does