Cadets 2013

I'm feeling Joni Mitchell's "Both Sides Now" for the ballad. Calling it.

Heck Yes!

Pride wgi type show (or not) I'm already sold on Cadets 2013

Edited by Cop

The name is, Both Sides Now. As for what it all means? Well, I guess we will leave that to the imaginations for now."

If we don't find a Judy Collins song in this somehow, then it sounds like a spy theme, a double agent that works "for Both Sides Now", or a politician thats on " Both Sides Now " on every issue imaginable.

Edited by BRASSO

Joni Mitchell's

Use both :worthy:

Judy had a pop hit with " Send in the Clowns " back in her hippie years of the 60's too. SCV picked it up.

Edited by BRASSO

One reason is what's referred to as "Favored Nation Clause," which most often states in the music industry that no party can be paid more by an entity for rights (by the permissions seeker) than another party, and if a higher rate is agreed upon for one rights holder, all contracting parties would get the same rights.

Therefore, for groups like Music for All and DCI, if they were to agree to pay a higher rate for someone who was holding out for more, the rates would automatically go up for everyone's permissions. That would be financially devastating.

That's certainly an issue the media producer needs to take into account. But some pieces are just complicated and time consuming -- not expensive; sometimes you need to send in the finished arrangement before the rights holder releases the piece. And some pieces get approved in one instance but not another. It's a real pot pourri. For one piece I just had to contact a composer's widow directly. That was an interesting experience.