Cadets 2013

You could always make sketti with ketchup and butter sauce. No chunky tomatoes at all. ;p

"And that's the hardest part. Today everything is different. There's no action; I have to wait around like everyone else. Can't even get decent food: right after I got here, I ordered some spaghetti with marinara sauce, and I got egg noodles and ketchup. I'm an average nobody. I get to live the rest of my life like a schnook."

With that in mind, I check CorpsReps and find it appears that only one corps has ever played "Layla": a British group called Encore-Sandye in 1999.

• Like 1

I grew up in a neighbourhood with a lot of Italian families. Their spaghetti was always chunky.

When we make our sauce in the crock pot we use cans of Tomato Sauce, Tomato puree, Tomato paste and Crushed tomatos (plus all the other "stuff" that makes it taste good!). It always has a bit of chunkiness to it, but not too much.

1)

Hop: "I'm thinking maybe 'Both Sides Now' would work for us."

DCP: 20 pages of discussion about the merits of using pop music in drum corps.... questions and debates about obtaining music rights... arguments/speculation about the possible use of props/different uniforms in such a show.

2)

Hop: "The other day I was in a music store that sells old records, and I heard 'Boogie Till Ya Puke' from Root Boy Slim and the Sex Change Band. I wonder..."

DCP: 30 pages of heated discussion about whether or not an artist such as Root Boy Slim is appropriate for drum corps.... whether or not the Cadets are sullying the tradition of Holy Name by playing such music... will Root Boy's estate give up the music rights... and who the hell is Root Boy Slim, anyhow??

3)

Hop: "Zamfir. Hmmm. No drum corps has ever used pan-flute music, to my knowledge."

DCP: 50 pages of discussion about who is Zamfir, and why his music would or would not be relevant to a modern-day drum corps audience... what type of percussion writing would be needed to support such a brass book... would a "typical Cadet" high-speed visual show be appropriate for music that tends to be soft and lyrical... and perhaps the show could be designed as a "storyline" concept, taking fans inside the days of easy-listening radio, with Zamfir as the recurring theme.

(4) Joni Mitchell v. Judy Collins

DCP: 2 pages of griping about chunky spaghetti sauce.

First show, June 2013:

Cadets unveil their updated "West Side Story" show theme. :tongue:

• Like 1

From FB:

George Hopkins

CADETS PROGRAMMING Discussion

BOTH SIDES NOW ...

It may be early but on Sunday evening at 7:30 pm, George Hopkins, Director of the Cadets will talk about the program considerations for the Cadets, the plans for Cadets 2, and how the entire YEA! organization is doing so this season.

Here about the Allentown Percussion program, XCAPE, the new rehearsal plans for the Cadets and much more.

Reserve your Webinar seat now at:

https://www1.gotomee...ister/287159792

What is the big deal? It's not like they haven't been doing this for years now. Geez.

Anyways, to a lot of other people's points, I'll wait for around August to comment on the show concept since that's when things should be finalized and hopefully rights secured for everything.

corrected

:ph34r:

• Like 2

Geez you guys have nothing better to do. :thumbdown:

would you rather yet another stupid predictions thread or more gossip about rumors about who may have been hired/fired/folded?