Sex offenders being involved with drum corps

The reason I stay away from DCP is some people read a post but really don't READ that post. They change the meaning around, spew it back a different way and it starts this mess that you have been reading.

Why the moderators allow this post to continue is beyond me! Is it a HUGE problem in DCA? Where are the facts that it is happenening in DCA. Some of you are on a witch hunt or more like the WMD's that were NEVER found in Iraq but the government said so.

Tom P. is right! This discussion is bad for drom corps and since it is on DCP about DCA all of you "die-hard" DCA fans are trashing your activity. Aren't there other topics to discuss that are MORE important than this? Has anyone in a DCA corps been charged with a crime? FACTS!!!! JUST THE FACTS!!!!

Hi keith,

So bringing awareness to an issue is bad? If you want names, I'll give you names offline to go look up that marched this past season. Did they abuse any kids in DCA? Not that we know of. But they are registered offenders, and in an activity getting younger every year, you just can't have that. It's a powderkeg waiting to be lit

I marched with someone who in her junior corps years, came around the corps at one of their schools and saw the corps director who had a bass drummer pinned against the wall anally penetrating him. Said corps director is in the DCHOF and put out some GREAT shows...and yes, was a pedophile.

***************edited to change "band director" to "corps director".....my apologies for typing band instead of corps. I will now take my own life in the most haneous way possible!

Edited by Guard Diva
  • Like 1

but was he convicted?

that's my argument. If convicted and on the list.....do we want them in?

This is from the boy scouts web-site. Since it's "technically" non profit I think we should at least have this in place.

Be sure to follow the buddy system. Whenever a merit badge counselor meets with a Scout, there must always be a third person present. This third person may be any other adult familiar to the Scout such as his parent or guardian, or the Scout's "buddy," such as a friend, sibling, or other relative.

All adult volunteers are expected to complete BSA Youth Protection training within 90 days of assuming a leadership position. This training can be done through MyScouting. BSA Youth Protection training helps preserve a safe environment for young people and adult leaders so that they can all enjoy the Scouting program.

Interesting quote from the BS, considering the scandal that just came out about the BS hiding all the sex abuse cases from years past.

Yes, the Renegades issue did prompt me to put it up now, but it was going to go up at some point.

I'm confused.... is the Reengade issue you are refering to the one about the hotel issue, or was there something else I missed? If it's the same, I'm missing the connection (that is likely OBVIOUS to everyone else) between the Renegades hotel and pedophiles....??? Is there more info on the hotel thing that I am aware of?? :huh::huh:

There is one from my sons troop that I was aware of before he joined it. Lets say that did not turn out good for him. He was never convicted but he might as well have been. He wound up leaving our nice little community after the community almost beat him senseless in his own driveway one night.