So Lighting is the "Next Step" for DC?

Now, if they could be programmed to send undetectable subliminal messages to the judges, the expense might pay for itself. :peek:

Anybody know how to say "Hey judges, quit screwing us!" in Morse code? :muahaha:

Not to worry. "Corps will have the option to use them, but won't be required to do so."

Yeah- until they cause a paradigm shift within the activity...

Now with lighting, projectors and/orvideo screens, we'll have to be careful that no copyrighted images - or even designs - are used, else DCI will have to put audio with no video on the DVD's.

Mike

Good call, great observation.

Since so much of the content of the shows are not original, this stuff is getting crazier by the years.

Dear Designers:

A Drum Corps field is not now, and never will be, a Broadway stage.

Just thought you should know.

JtWL

• Like 4

Yes, but if there was much concern about leveling the playing field DCI would overhaul numerous things. Leveling the playing field seems to be buzzworthy conversation, but rarely important legislation.

I think we'll see lighting within the next 10 years, if the activity lasts that long.

Ten years? It won't be around in five years, according to what a number of people have told me.

Oh, wait a moment...They told me that about 1985.

Carry on. :tongue:

• Like 2

I don’t get how it would fit in with being a youth activity…unless the adults set it all up and some kid paid $5K to flip the switch on the field

I have an old light show rotting away in my basement – for you, I make a deal

Just asking as I have no idea...is using lighting as part of a corps props outlawed right now?

Good question. My assumption that it would require a rule change might have been just that, an assumption. Follow up question: If the current rules do not specifically outlaw their use, but also do not specifically allow their use, could we assume that corps could currently exercise the option of lighting effects? Is there any mention at all concerning the use of lighting in the current rules?