Who could pull of a VERY dark show?

It has to be Alexander Nevsky done by SCV.

That one has a happy ending for the Russians, no?

I want to see a drum corps do a downright evil, dark, sinister, disturbing show with dark, powerful, and emotional music. I want a theme that leaves no room for happiness, there is no happy ending, and it leaves you with chills. Something beyond Cavaliers "Mad World" or Bluecoats "Metropolis". Darker than Suncoast Sounds 1988 show. If you follow BOA, something along the lines of Broken Arrow High Schools show this year "Surrender to Hope", or LD Bell's 2006 show "The Remaning", both shows that focus on a post apocolyptic hell on earth.

Who could do it? I'd pick Bluecoats. Anyone else want to see a show like this? I've been waitng for a show like this in drum corps for awhile. Dark marching shows are my weakness. :devil:

Blue Devils - is there another choice? But none of that for me, please. "Lollipops and Roses" or "Cherry Pink and Apple Blossom White," anyone?

peace,

Fred O.

I think for a show to be truly dark the subject matter must be truly dark.

I don't mean Twilight or any other teenage vampire fantasy movie that involves good looking yet carboard actors.

1. It must be based on a true life story, it really did happen.

2. It must be a story the audience are aware of.

3. It must be a story that moves the audience at a much deeper level than knowing Robert Pattinson was in the movie.

A show revolving around " Pan Am Flight 103, Lockerbie " would then seem to fit the bill. Dark, brooding, evil, a real story and it would move the audience at a deep level. Its a very dark, sinister, and brooding story that should be able reach the maximum level of morbidity and evilness that one can stomach if done well it would seem to me. It would take the Cadets bright theme, " to Tame The Perilous Skies " to a whole new level of darkness and the personification of evil and hopelessness.

That said, I have no interest at all in being moved to sadness in witnessing " sinister shows", so I 'll take a pass and go get a hotdog. Others can get their full measure of dark morbidity with these types of shows,... thats cool, no problem. But from my perspective, life's too short to actually WANT to encounter dark, sinister, hopeless and depressing things.

Edited by BRASSO

A show revolving around " Pan Am Flight 103, Lockerbie " would then seem to fit the bill. Dark, brooding, evil, a real story and it would move the audience at a deep level. Its a very dark, sinister, and brooding story that should be able reach the maximum level of morbidity and evilness that one can stomach if done well it would seem to me. It would take the Cadets bright theme, " to Tame The Perilous Skies " to a whole new level of darkness and the personification of evil and hopelessness.

That said, I have no interest at all in being moved to sadness in witnessing " sinister shows", so I 'll take a pass and go get a hotdog. Others can get their full measure of dark morbidity with these types of shows,... thats cool, no problem. But from my perspective, life's too short to actually WANT to encounter dark, sinister, hopeless and depressing things.

I'll give you an better (worse?) example: Sandusky: Penn State to State Penn

But, some shows that could be done won't. And for good reason.