Will The G7 Split From DCI?

they would like that yes...far less expensive than MetLife

Have you heard this rumor as well?

Stu,

Allow me to be blunt. I don't put info out here without triple checking from many good sources who have yet to let me down. Remember the original thread about the G7? Yeah who got the powerpoint and put it out here?

Yeah me.

if I don't have solid scoop, I don't put it out. I know some in the "loop" have tried to pigeonhole my source to one or two people. I kinda take the Woodward and bernstein approach....I talk to many people, and when enough of them corroborate, I say something here. I don't come off trying to be the great crusader for all things good, evil, ethical, etc like you do...I just get good scoop and put it up.

I asked a simple question and a simple Yes would have sufficed; but I guess that I touched a nerve. Sorry I questioned your Woodward type prowess and Bernstein type ability.

• Like 4

But if you expel them, DCI won't survive.

In its present form, no. But thats what they are threatening anyway.

Why do you feel that expelling these groups, who are among the standard bearers of our activity, is prerequisite to creating a an enjoyable experience for the fan base? Moreover, how do you presume to use the phrase "something the fans can enjoy again" as though it's a given that no one enjoys it as it is currently configured/presented? I have found recent shows that I have attended, including local events, DCI Regionals and TOC presentations, to be very entertaining; the variety and quality of the performances at all levels is quite satisfying and is a positive reflection of the current state of the activity, at least to my eyes and ears. Am I somehow missing the boat - artistically, philosophically, politically? Was I not supposed to have had a good time?

Peace,

Fred O.

Someone certainly will always enjoy what DCI is peddling, but it seems that more people were enjoying years ago before they took it in this direction which by the G7's own reckoning, is not working. I presume because thousands of legacy fans disappeared over the years which each new self serving change caused.

• Like 1

OMG IT'S JUST MARCHING BAND

Sure; however, if the Cadets were in 15th place every season instead of 1st/2nd/3rd, then you probably wouldn't be quite so dismissive.

Hey, you're right, though . . .once these seven break off into "Up With People: Go March!", their shtick will just be marching band. :tongue:

Only because I just saw this thread (been of the grid for a few days) has anyone brought up the rumor that certain corps would like for Allentown to be the last TOC show?

While I haven't heard this rumor, which is not saying all that much since those in the know in the drum corps world don't know me and therefore do not regularly call me to share info, Allentown works as it is, so I would hope that it's left alone. Allentown being the last show prior to finals might not be a bad idea, perhaps moving it to Saturday and Sunday with the TOC show at MetLife being on the Friday evening, but don't change Allentown.

While I haven't heard this rumor, which is not saying all that much since those in the know in the drum corps world don't know me and therefore do not regularly call me to share info, Allentown works as it is, so I would hope that it's left alone. Allentown being the last show prior to finals might not be a bad idea, perhaps moving it to Saturday and Sunday with the TOC show at MetLife being on the Friday evening, but don't change Allentown.

A stadium like MetLife is pricy...I heard a number of around 100K for USBands Nationals weekend. Not sure how much for a one day event like the TOC show.

If they could use Allentown as the last show, or a decent size University stadium, it might cost a lot less. USBands were supposed to have NJ States at Rutgers this year until the Hurricane blew that one away. Maybe the university is coming around to hosting such an event...they were very against it before.

Princeton has a beautiful new stadium, and it has the advantage of being 10 minutes from my house. :tongue: