Carolina Crown 2013

When I hear the Naval Hymn I think of Jim Ott and the Stockton Commodores, then the tune goes into descending bell tones, and into Anchors Aweigh.

CC & BD sound gorgeous together.

I know that it's the same clip of music from the previous video I shared, but I think it's cool to hear that it's getting noticeably cleaner. And I honestly can't get enough of watching Matt Harloff work with this hornline.

I also will never grow tired of the famous "Crown Mello Riff" that they use at 1:06 and have used in several of their past shows (2012 is the one that comes to my mind now). Edited by g00fyg00ber

I know that it's the same clip of music from the previous video I shared, but I think it's cool to hear that it's getting noticeably cleaner. And I honestly can't get enough of watching Matt Harloff work with this hornline.

I also will never grow tired of the famous "Crown Mello Riff" that they use at 1:06 and have used in several of their past shows (2012 is the one that comes to my mind now).

This.

If you've never seen him in front of the line, you need to try to catch him in front of the brass. He's infectious. And a great teacher. Kids at Avon HS have NO IDEA how lucky they are to have him as their band dir :-)

I also will never grow tired of the famous "Crown Mello Riff" that they use at 1:06 and have used in several of their past shows (2012 is the one that comes to my mind now).

Holy......God. :babies:

• Like 1

When I hear the Naval Hymn I think of Jim Ott and the Stockton Commodores, then the tune goes into descending bell tones, and into Anchors Aweigh.

CC & BD sound gorgeous together.

I can't imagine what that was like live.

Maybe they'll do it again out East (like at the Allentown TOC maybe :-)

I can't imagine what that was like live.

Maybe they'll do it again out East (like at the Allentown TOC maybe :-)

It was stunning to say the least! I couldn't believe that neither Crown or BD actually played a full encore though, it was such a tease! Such a big luscious sound coming from that enormous horn arc!

(It took them longer to set it up than it did to play the piece and walk off the field! :P)

That's a serious spread.

There are many more points yet to be awarded before the season is done. Stay tuned. :cool:/>