Which will be the First "G-7" to Disown Hopkin's Letter?

That's ok Tim, we all have days like that...

Well, according to the 990s, there's only really three corps who have enough financial backing to survive a season without donations. The other four are living off of those generous donations and whatever just happens to be in their bank account. And those three with the financial backing aren't necessarily the top three. So if there are any corps that can reasonably disown Hopkins and his letter, it's those three. Now, I'm not saying that they could survive completely on their own, but, if they went and joined a different competition circut, they could stay above water in the financial sense.

So what I'm trying to say is, this issue isn't just an issue of the G7 and whether or not they'll disown Hopkins. Yes, that is a big part of it, but whether or not those corps can afford to do it depends on where they are financially. And for the majority of the G7, that spot is not a very good one.

Where was his name on this letter?

While his "name" may not have been on the letter, his fingerprints were all over it.

• Like 3

I wonder if a corps like Crown will wait for an announcement to come up that BD and Cadets (for example) are 'for sure' leaving, and then 'miraculously' announce that they've decided to stay. Seems like a possibility.

• Like 1

For me, and keep in mind I don't believe a split will happen, forever the optimist, or perhaps blind fool. But if i were to venture a guess I'd say it's a tie between Crown or Bluecoats. Crown loves being the audience's sweethearts, but the fans of the G7 are generally not the ones who show adulation for Crown, so I think they'd go where the love can be found and I don't think it will be with the crowd that thought "Cabaret Voltaire" was a masterpiece or that Cavaliers just had an off year. Bluecoats is another possibility. They make very wise decisions. A dark horse though still a possibility would be Phantom Regiment.

I'd love it to be Blue Devils. As champions fifteen times, and many times the standard bearers, I'd love to see them take a leadership role for remaining. I'd also love to see SCV take a stand against it since for many, SCV is the embodiment of DCI. If Cavies are stronger this year, I'd love to see them take charge and stand up, but if they are not as strong as in the past, it might not matter much and people would see it as self-preservation.

Longshot: Cadets. George Hopkins has all kinds of ideas--some forward thinking others controversial--but the corps is one of the more traditional when it comes to performances.

so basically it is any one of them except for Goerge's corps,..........

I think the G7 leaving DCI is inevitable.

I don't think the G7 really want to leave, I suspect they hope DCI will give into their demands. However, I doubt very much DCI will give in to their demands therefore the G7 will be left with no option but to exit DCI.

DCI I'm sure will ask the G7 to reconsider but won't do "what ever it takes" for the G7 to stay.

It's not out with the realms of possibility that one or more of the G7 will change their mind and stay but it looks unlikely.