On the subject of leaking.....

In my mind, I've always felt clips online are ok - it gives you an idea of what they're doing, but recording more than that (say, a start-to-finish tune, half show or full show) kind of abuses the trust between corps and supporter.

Mike

• Like 1

I am disgusted with people who leak.

Unless that person was a Colts-hater who snuck into the show and tell (or whatever they call it) for the sole purpose of leaking the performance, I can only conclude he cares more about himself than about the Corps he went to see.

Any redeeming qualities that person had as a human being were totally negated by their callous, uncaring disregard for the wishes of the Corps.

I have video of Blue Knights show and tell. I know about their music. But you will never see me post it to the Internet because I have respect for the Corps and for their wishes.

• Like 3

In my mind, I've always felt clips online are ok - it gives you an idea of what they're doing, but recording more than that (say, a start-to-finish tune, half show or full show) kind of abuses the trust between corps and supporter.

Things go up for 24-48 hrs. Then they go back down. So if you're lucky enough to catch it, you get a sneak peek. Otherwise you just have to wait.

Edited by corpsband

Now you've got me wondering.

So in January, before the corps announces, it's a leak. What about June? Before the season begins but after the announcement, is it still a leak? And July, after several shows, the same sort of video from rehearsal is posted. Still a leak? Or just chronicling the summer? What do we think?

HH

• Like 1

OK no one else has said it yet..... at what point does this start bumping into licensing issues?

Or more to the point.... are licensing rights set enough in stone that anyone knows what is over the line or even close to it?

Can picture a corps getting a letter with not happy stuff saying either:

1) Take the vid down and don't do it anymore

2) Last time we deal with your corps (or any corps)

3) This breaks the agreement so gonna be more blank spots on the CDS/DVDs.

4) Our lawyers will talk to your lawyers. With corps struggling to meet rising costs might be the worst news of all considering legal fees.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

Now you've got me wondering.

So in January, before the corps announces, it's a leak. What about June? Before the season begins but after the announcement, is it still a leak? And July, after several shows, the same sort of video from rehearsal is posted. Still a leak? Or just chronicling the summer? What do we think?

HH

If they said don't share (which I have never heard after tour shows started) it's a leak.

Edited by mingusmonk

Unless that person was a Colts-hater who snuck into the show and tell (or whatever they call it) for the sole purpose of leaking the performance, I can only conclude he cares more about himself than about the Corps he went to see.

Any redeeming qualities that person had as a human being were totally negated by their callous, uncaring disregard for the wishes of the Corps.

I have video of Blue Knights show and tell. I know about their music. But you will never see me post it to the Internet because I have respect for the Corps and for their wishes.

some people (most everyone) are not so into drum corps like us, and just simply don't understand why posting a video would be such a 'big deal'. It's not Chernobyl.

• Like 2

:blink:

I'll ... just go stand over there for a while, thanks.

Mike

• Like 4

I don't see what the fuss is about. I don't see the difference between a handful of people sitting in the stands watching vs more people sitting in the virtual stands of youtube. What impact could it possibly have on the product that's on the field come August? We're so afraid some idiots will negatively comment on an unfinished product? Only the most diehard fans of the activity will seek out those videos anyway.

• Like 2