DCP...Becoming the New RAMD?

So there is not much being discussed on DCP and someone wrote that DCP is becoming more volatile. I started thinking about the days on RAMD and why I left there to come to DCP.

Your thoughts?

Just trying to get some discussion going which, I am sure, this will! LOL

• Like 1

So there is not much being discussed on DCP and someone wrote that DCP is becoming more volatile. I started thinking about the days on RAMD and why I left there to come to DCP.

Your thoughts?

Just trying to get some discussion going which, I am sure, this will! LOL

not even close.........

Keith, we probably do have a ways to go before becoming the next RAMD. DCP would need to give up on all moderation to enable the vulgar messages of sick, twisted people who spent time there. You are correct though, DCP could slip into something exclusively used for combat. Places like this should be a vehicle to exchange observations, NOT tear down those who graciously offer them. After while, contributors leave the battlefield for better ways to spend their time.

• Like 2

If you want a nice RAMD experience, check out the 'Facebook Drum & Bugle Corps' page on that site.

LOL

Maybe "she" is and we don't know....I can think of some that come to mind

• Like 1

I think the people who run DCP have done a much better job of controlling things so that it doesn't become RAMD. btw, I think "she" has moved on to thankfully parts unknown.

Edited by Fastone

having been just a tad vocal on both RAMD and DCP, I'll go on a limb and say "not even ####### close".

While there may some flare ups on here, it's nowhere near the levels of nastiness and personal attacks RAMD had. RAMD had people suing each other, people calling other people;'s employers trying to cause problems.

Funny how RAMD has a rap, when many people here posted there and create few issues.

The issue wasn't RAMD per se. it was just several of the participants. I'll admit, I was no saint there.

as for this place.....any place that's popular or has vocal outspoken people is going to have a "rep". DCP is that place for drum corps. I know many directors and staff will bash DCP, but yet they read it. They bashed RAMD too. The shame is, if this place were like many online forums I see for other activities, they'd really cry

LOL

Maybe "she" is and we don't know....I can think of some that come to mind

SCARY as that is. I would think "she" is also.

But, as to DCP:

I think in the Jr (DCI) part most people and Corps lean (post) much more toward the: Progressive, Evolving ways.

On the DCA side the people and Corps still (post) more Conservitive.

The "Mods" seem to go both ways. Seem to be pretty fair overall.

Not like RAMD at all.

Edited by 2B or not 2B

Left RAMD when cross posters (people from other newsgroups) carried their personal war from the other groups to RAMD. Got so bad you could barely see the DC related stuff thru posts from people who didn't know what a corps was. Then there were total strangers questioning your personal life. Well not questioning, stating flat out I liked to..... (leave it at that).

Here I've said stupid things and got "tsk tsk'ed" for it by the mods and rightfully so. :tongue:

Then I've been trolled and PM insulted by two currently banned posters. So things are being watched.

As for "she".... have a family member that acted and sounded like her at times. Family member had a medical reasons for the way she acted and makes me wonder about you know who. Only question is how long would she last here before a ban would be in effect.