DCI show moments that made you teary eyed

which ever college or university he'll be going to will certainly be adding an exceptional player to their program

With him aging out this year, isn't it safe to assume he's 22 and already enrolled at college?

But you primary point still stands. Whoever it is is lucky to have him.

Dang, TR, you and I must share the same body.

The only moment I'll add to this list is: The sight of shoes left on the field after finals retreat.

We probably do, as I'm a big fan of the same comic strip 2MCM. I forgot to mention '91 SCV when the guard made the flowers with rotating petals during the backfield ballad in Miss Saigon; thank gosh for the extra napkins I had in my jacket pocket.

Ghost, thanks for the reminder. :)

SCV '84 not because I marched it, but because of how clean, powerful and utterly regal that push was even on the DVD. The little soprano solo played by one of our rook-outs from Texas right before the push was beautiful with the slight vibrato, and the fact he didn't succumb to the dubious tradition of SCV Sop Solo Frack at Crunch Time Syndrome helped. :whistle:/>/>/>

Personally, I think it was the 3/4 sleeves on his jacket that made it possible!

"Look at the reaction on that girl's face!!" -- (Steve Rodinaro's exclamation after Star '93's last note) That young lady is my winner of the "Best Expression of DCI Performer Gratitude that Sums Up What Drum Corps Is All About" award. I sobbed like crazy.

I'll throw out Tim Kviz snapping his mello down an screaming his face off at the end of 88 Sky Ryders. Also a closeup of a BD euph at the end of the 07 victory run....he was just about crying, so I'm guessing he'd just aged out.

I forgot the end of 86 Sky Ryders after the balloon is released.

The very first time, regardless of when or where you marched, that the roar of the crowd washed over you at the end of your show... :smile:

'92 SCV 'Bottle Dance'

'10 Madison opening hit and build - saw them in Akron and called my parents just before they started. I held the phone up so that they could hear it and I know my Dad was getting choked up (he marched in the 50's with St. Vinny's in Bayonne)...

I love this topic. :-)

I have a recording of the 2002 (I think) "America/O Canada" retreat. The Cavaliers (if it's 2002) start it and then everyone comes in after the first verse. Amazing stuff.

I put it in while we were painting our indoor drumline floor late one night, and turned the volume of the stereo all the way up. I told them, "hey, come over here between the speakers." The winning corps starts, and they're like, "wow, that's really good." Then the other 11 corps came in and I just lost it, along with one of the other kids.

It was awesome.

I love this topic. :-)

I have a recording of the 2002 (I think) "America/O Canada" retreat. The Cavaliers (if it's 2002) start it and then everyone comes in after the first verse. Amazing stuff.

I put it in while we were painting our indoor drumline floor late one night, and turned the volume of the stereo all the way up. I told them, "hey, come over here between the speakers." The winning corps starts, and they're like, "wow, that's really good." Then the other 11 corps came in and I just lost it, along with one of the other kids.

It was awesome.

glad you like my topic

• Like 1

After watching Boston 2002 on another topic, the very end just brought tears to my eyes. Plus, the marimba player crying at the end really shows how the nation was very much still healing from the attacks of 9-11. Add that show to my list.

After watching Boston 2002 on another topic, the very end just brought tears to my eyes. Plus, the marimba player crying at the end really shows how the nation was very much still healing from the attacks of 9-11. Add that show to my list.

That show still brings tears to my eyes. Especially when they turn the banner to 'Let Freedom Ring' down the stretch of Appalachian Spring. The whole ending was such an emotional moment if felt like the whole crowd was feeling the same thing.

Star 93 gets me all emotional

Cadets 2000 was just way too awesome

Phantom 03

Phantom 06

Phantom 08

Blue Stars 09 ballad hit when the guard girl doesn't find her soldier was designed perfectly for the tears to well up! My favorite moment that year!

Bones '11-the return of that old school feel with that new school vibe hit it home for me.

Troop '11-I felt this should've been a saturday night show. Way too much emotion for it not to be.

Colts 2012-Their closer never hit me on the videos at all, but when I saw it at semis holy cow! They went out with a bang!

PC 2012-"Yellow" was gorgeous and the reprise after the "True Colors" hit in the closer was just icing on the cake

Bones 2012-Here Comes The Flood. Need I say more?

Bloo 2012-Flume got me every time and still does.

Looks to me it's either Phantom that knows how to do it or 2012 just had the best tear jerking designs for an entire year.