Lose the logo

First world problems... :doh:/>

• Like 5

I actually agree with you. This is one of the reasons I liked performing in the Citrus Bowl..because there was no distracting logo on the field.

That's because the marching surface there was so horrible (until a year or two) that by the end of the show, there wasn't much of a field left in the first place :tongue:

That's because the marching surface there was so horrible (until a year or two) that by the end of the show, there wasn't much of a field left in the first place :tongue:/>

Yeah, that brown spot in the center was as bad as any logo.

Mike

Just thank your lucky stars there ain't a pitchers mound out there........

• Like 1

It would be nice not to have it but its not that distracting unless you are thinking about it. Im sure its no walk in the park to replace that section of turf.

Also... in an older thread about this, it was stated that the section of turf that replaces the helmet is much newer/less used and is inconsistent with the rest, making for a nice surprise for the performers when there is a elevation/resistance change.

Edited by skeptic

Also... in an older thread about this, the section of turf that replaces the helmet is much newer/less used and is inconsistent with the rest, making for a nice surprise for the performers when there is a elevation/resistance change.

^This^

I love marching on logos, and was happy that they left the Colts' helmet on the field in Indy this past year. Granted, it is a little squishier than the rest of the turf, but I think it's a pretty cool experience.

I don't mind the logos at all. I was actually disappointed when the Cowboys logo wasn't there in San Antonio the last couple of years.

Edited by SFZFAN
  • Like 1

Is it just me or are these gigantic logos in the center of the field incredibly distracting?

100% agree with you.

If DCI is agreeing to this, they should break the lease and move on. The teams use washable paint these days so there is no excuse for the giant football helmet in the middle of the field in all its distracting glory.

100% agree with you.

If DCI is agreeing to this, they should break the lease and move on. The teams use washable paint these days so there is no excuse for the giant football helmet in the middle of the field in all its distracting glory.

The colts helmet is a sewn in section of turf that is removable. It is not painted on (as pointed out by someone else in a different thread). I doubt its a simple swap and probably takes time to get set in correctly.

V__AC61.jpg

Edited by skeptic
  • Like 1