Rumblings from CADETLAND

From the article: "This Sunday June 9, you can see The Cadets perform a run-through of their entire show at 7:30 p.m.!"

Then again, that may be optimistic and intended to motivate folks to finish in time. Either way it will be great.

It's my understanding from info that the corps has finished the ballad which occurs later in the show. Another understanding is that they will march what they have learned and play the rest. Of course, weather in Johnstown is always a factor.

For those who can't wait, the corps has an all-access snippet of the show and about drill on its Fb page with commentary by Patrick Duncan. He's very good, but he's no Allison, if you get my drift...

Edited by drilltech1

looks like they really have to work to push those "towers" around ... even the guys were making faces when moving them ...

Isn't that for the "demand" box on the visual sheets?:thumbup:/>

• Like 2

They admittedly said they still trying to figure it out.

oh I can only imagine. With the Cadets, what you see in June isn;'t usually there come August

From this angle, wheels noticeable, but looking down from a judges box in a stadium, with MM's tearing around the field, not so much..

Wheels were definitely noticeable in BD's mirror show from a high vantage point, but I don't want to seem highly critical. I was just offering a friendly suggestion. If the Cadets are happy with it, that's all that matters.

oh I can only imagine. With the Cadets, what you see in June isn;'t usually there come August

Props and their integration are one thing I'm not confident that design team has mastered. A lot of their forays into that area seem very highschoolish....

looks like they really have to work to push those "towers" around ... even the guys were making faces when moving them ...

I would love to give some design changes on how to make that much easier as well as make the towers capable of doing the things they want, but feathers get ruffled too easily. I regret being a Maroon and Gold member now.

• Like 1

I would love to give some design changes on how to make that much easier as well as make the towers capable of doing the things they want, but feathers get ruffled too easily. I regret being a Maroon and Gold member now.

Wallace,

This Cadet fan thanks you for your contribution. Don't let one or a few dissuade you, even if it's the head guy. Remember he hasn't been there for the whole EIGHT DECADES of the corps' existence. The tradition of the corps and its success has included many, many individuals- most who made their contribution despite some persons in grouchy moods or playing kingdom keepers. Just whisper into a different ear, preferably the ear of someone whom that grouch listens. Thank you. FHNSAB.

• Like 3

The towers should be remote controlled robots moved around from the ipad working the sound board – it’d be nice if they could get some airborne drones with banners in the mix too

• Like 1