Rumblings from CADETLAND

The towers should be remote controlled robots moved around from the ipad working the sound board – it'd be nice if they could get some airborne drones with banners in the mix too

LIKE IT!

And it's probably not yet been done by some UIL or BOA band....yet.

LIKE IT!

And it's probably not yet been done by some UIL or BOA band....yet.

Electronic amplification may be allowed, but I doubt motors (electric or whatever) are.

In Angels and Demons I thought the head angel could have released a dove instead of swatting the head demon in the knee, but I figured livestock is probably not allowed either.

Electronic amplification may be allowed, but I doubt motors (electric or whatever) are.

In Angels and Demons I thought the head angel could have released a dove instead of swatting the head demon in the knee, but I figured livestock is probably not allowed either.

[/quote

You are correct. Once before in DCI history either the Mandarins or the Blue Stars released birds at their finale. Not allowed now. Just like thrown water (not allowed) the danger of left residue for the remaining competitors becomes an insurance issue plus an unfair change of the playing field for the remaining corps.

Cadets official web today acknowledges that the corps has completed 9 minutes of the show; (weather factors mean that the remaining 2 minutes will probably not be on the field wonderfully for Sunday night I would guess.)

TUBA player, preferably with experience, is needed to replace the one advertised last week who bailed at the last moment. Fee is only $2K per Hopkins. TUBAS, Tubas, contras, ... Contact corps ASAP

oh I can only imagine. With the Cadets, what you see in June isn;'t usually there come August

One of my all-time favorite Cadets shirts was from the early/mid-90's. It had the CB logo our of focus/blurry, and it just said "don't worry: it'll be perfectly clear in August." I think they released a similar shirt, with the CB logo in focus, and it said something like "Told ya" or "crystal clear" or something.

Cadets do a great job embracing who they are in a way that's amusing by not demeaning (I'm looking at you Glassmen "boring" t-shirt). They had a great shirt in the late 90's that said something like "Cadets sprinting team" or something, embracing/kinda joking about how much they run around the field.

• Like 2

I wonder how close they are to finishing the show for Sunday's broadcast? Weather has been horrible in the tri-state area...

You are correct. Once before in DCI history either the Mandarins or the Blue Stars released birds at their finale. Not allowed now. Just like thrown water (not allowed) the danger of left residue for the remaining competitors becomes an insurance issue plus an unfair change of the playing field for the remaining corps.

Cadets official web today acknowledges that the corps has completed 9 minutes of the show; (weather factors mean that the remaining 2 minutes the remaining 6 minutes will probably not be on the field wonderfully for Sunday night I would guess.)

TUBA player, preferably with experience, is needed to replace the one advertised last week who bailed at the last moment. Fee is only $2K per Hopkins. TUBAS, Tubas, contras, ... Contact corps ASAP

FTFY :-)

according to news released by the corps today (Saturday) online access of corps preview tomorrow, Sunday, June 9th, 2013 from Johnstown, PA is set to be at 7:30 p.m. Eastern Time Zone, of course.

At least nine minutes of the show has been completed before Trop Storm Andrea barreled through.

I'm hearing more than Rumblings from Cadetland... I can feel the earth moving under my feet... wow...

Carol King... where ya been, babe ?