DCI in Santa Clara 2017?

If the event were to move to Santa Clara, which side of the stadium would be used? On one side, you have too many suites and not enough general seating. On the other side, you have plenty of general seating, but no suites. Are suites a necessity for drum corps events? No. But I'm sure some of the suits and donors of DCI would prefer to have them, and they're the ones with all the influence.

49ers-stadium-footbal-tatujpg-e146d8cd8b20f351.jpg

OT: This stadium looks like a mid-major college stadium with a cruise ship parked on the other side. O.o

• Like 6

DCI finals in Santa Clara would be a huge draw and would undoubtedly sell a lot more tickets than Indy even though, yes, more fans live within a day's drive of Indy. However I doubt DCI will have another finals outdoors in a location as rain-prone as northern California. And the suite-vs.-stands issue would be a problem for DCI, as crownisking suggested. Plus according to the wikipedia article on Levi Stadium, they finally opted (it was an open question for a while) for grass, not artificial turf, so this idea is probably a mutual non-starter for both DCI and the Niners. If DCI ever does a one-off someplace else, SoCal is a better bet because of the weather... or a different indoor stadium. I think they're done rolling the dice on rain, unfortunately.

Santa Clara is very dry in July and August, averaging less than .04 inches of rain per month.

:blink:/>/>

really... :thumbdown:/>/> :thumbdown:/>/> :thumbdown:/>/>

That's a pretty rude generalization, at best. As someone who was at 2007 Championships week in Pasadena, I didn't see a lot of that stuff you proclaim. I know you're probably just trolling and I shouldn't take the bait, but if you're going to make asinine over-generalizations perhaps your memory is a bit foggy and you forgot that the crowd was actually kinda surprisingly friendly towards Cadets Finals night.

edit: hey I got some negatives but no actual intelligent reply - yea idiotic lack of discourse!!

1. It became a matter for the police and stadium security in the upper deck, side two section next to the ones where my family, friends and I were sitting. No foggy memories here. Denial on your part to the reality.

2. Ask those who marched Cadets that season; Hopkins even had to give a talk to the members about blocking out the booing. Dan Acheson also came and apologized to the members. Denial on your part again.

3. End of my comments on the topic.

• Like 3

If the event were to move to Santa Clara, which side of the stadium would be used? On one side, you have too many suites and not enough general seating. On the other side, you have plenty of general seating, but no suites. Are suites a necessity for drum corps events? No. But I'm sure some of the suits and donors of DCI would prefer to have them, and they're the ones with all the influence.

49ers-stadium-footbal-tatujpg-e146d8cd8b20f351.jpg

Prelims and Semis facing the suites...... Finals night facing the opposite direction. We switched directions in Foxboro

stadium4.jpg

I'd think the new Vikings stadium would be more realistic:

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/New-Vikings-Stadium-Facts-and-Figures/7b3cb5b4-0979-4e3a-b08a-12760787dd13

Seventh bullet ... "Capability to host more events than any other large stadium in the world, including NFL football and a Super Bowl, MLS soccer, NCAA basketball and baseball, high school sporting events, motocross, concerts, conventions, marching band competitions."

Maybe something is being pitched?

Although, I wonder about the acoustics. There's giant doors at the side, but a glass-like roof might make things difficult.

1. It became a matter for the police and stadium security in the upper deck, side two section next to the ones where my family, friends and I were sitting. No foggy memories here. Denial on your part to the reality.

2. Ask those who marched Cadets that season; Hopkins even had to give a talk to the members about blocking out the booing. Dan Acheson also came and apologized to the members. Denial on your part again.

3. End of my comments on the topic.

IF finals ever went back to CA I wouldn't attend

That Pasadena crowd was the rudest, drunkest (and yes, pot smell throughout the lots) I've EVER been around. It was disgraceful

G.

• Like 2

Santa Clara is very dry in July and August, averaging less than .04 inches of rain per month.

Yeah, I was thinking when I saw the other post, "Rain prone" Santa Clara, in August??? I don't think so.... You'd get more than .04 inches from a cloud bank drizzle coming over the mountains from the ocean. Summer in the Bay Area is about as rain-proof as it gets.

• Like 1