Comical Moments During a Show

yea.....they also yelled "Beef" at the end.

Can kind of see where your going there.....to me the evil reminded my of the dementors used in the Harry Potter films. I still loved their show though

The crowd yelled "Beef!". To this day I remember when, at my first viewing mid-season, the crowd erupted with "BEEF!" and scared the crap out of me. I laughed and almost peed my pants. Next time, I was yelling, too.

I'm sure the corps started the yell, or maybe staff and some volunteers but, by finals, it was a roar in the stands..

Not something within the show, but rather inspired BY the show...

1990 Finals at Buffalo. During Star's "Belshazzar's Feast" program, the corps unfurled a long banner in the backfield. On this banner were the words Mene, Mene, Tekel, Upharsin. A woman sitting near me questioned aloud "What does THAT mean???"

About 3 or 4 rows ahead of me, a guy immediately turned around and dryly answered "Horn sale on Monday."

Broke up our entire section.

1990 Finals at Buffalo. During Star's "Belshazzar's Feast" program, the corps unfurled a long banner in the backfield. On this banner were the words Mene, Mene, Tekel, Upharsin. A woman sitting near me questioned aloud "What does THAT mean???"

About 3 or 4 rows ahead of me, a guy immediately turned around and dryly answered "Horn sale on Monday."

In our section, the response to that question was "Hold the pickle, hold the lettuce..." :cool:

The Phantom Regiment doll from 2013 looked like a drunken E. T.

Back during the Chuck Mangione era of DC, Reading played "El Gato Triste"(sp).

Was with members of other corps and heard....

"What song is that?"

Hawthorne member responded with "El Gato Triste.. means Who tripped over the Cat?"

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Dang it BRASSO. I usually agree with you, but I'll have to ask you to give that show a few more views. It'll grow on you, trust me. I don't think I've ever liked a BD show on the first few plays. Or maybe the first 20 :tounge2:

Its perhaps true Cappybara, that If I come down with The Stockholm Syndrome, that I might be able to someday better relate to my captors such as BD. It might take me approx 150-200 or so more viewings though for me to eventually be overwhelmed by it all. Right now, I'm underwhelmed with their music, despite how exceedingly talented and undeniably well perfomed BD's brass lines have been of late.

Edited by BRASSO

I'm. sort of surprised that when the topic of " comical things that have occured during a show", that nobody yet has mentioned non performance type " comical things that occured during a show ".

For one example, who here that was present during the "Hashgate" year doesn't think that this whole episode,( and the overreaction to it by others) wasn' t downright silly and comical in retrospect ?

Edited by BRASSO

For one example, who here that was present during the "Hashgate" year doesn't think that this whole episode,( and the overreaction to it by others) wasn' t downright silly and comical in retrospect ?

The over-reaction was hilarious. The attempts to get the hashes re-done wasn't really that funny.