New Uniforms 2013

I've been told by the Bluecoats that the picture of the kid wearing the uniform is an old picture of a sample prior to changes being made. The uniform in the picture does not fit as it should and is slightly different then the final product so the corps has asked that this picture be removed.

Thanks

• Like 5

The picture makes it hard to see the pants detail. They are not that dark, from what I saw in videos and pictures, and I like the black stripe down the front. There is a black and white drop sash. (it may look like its part of the pants at first in the picture.)

As a member of the Long, Blue Line, what is your opinion of the Color Guard Uniform (outfit? costume?

Let me rephrase: What is your opinion of what the Color Guard will apparently be wearing?

As a member of the Long, Blue Line, what is your opinion of the Color Guard Uniform (outfit? costume?

Let me rephrase: What is your opinion of what the Color Guard will apparently be wearing?

EW! That's the least "Trooper" like thing I have ever seen.

• Like 2

Words to describe that there Mandarins one.

Sleek

Sexy

Slenderizing

Clean

Hawt

PURPLE

I REALLY like that one! I love the little logo on the top left and the fade to black pattern on the bottom right of the jacket. I'd have to say that's my favorite new one! :thumbup:

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 2

I'm wondering what the Colts would look like with black shoulders instead of white, although the white does at least draw the eye upwards in a good way.

Bluecoats look pretty sweet in the drawing, but I'm underwhelmed by the photo...guess we'll have to see if they fit different, as was mentioned. I second that their 2007 and on version was by far the best.

And like was said with the Troopers...The rest is classic, clean cut, but not too stuffy, why on earth the ugly leg thing?! It's like they're trying to remind us that despite the simplicity, they know it's the 21st century where such wild shapes are permitted. So not necessary, ugh.

Mandarins - hot stuff! But I wonder about the transition to black on the side looking a little blobbish from a distance.

(Wow, those are some unhealthily skinny gals in the Cadets color guard...;)

~snip~

You, sir, get a green plus from me for the PR reference! tongue.gif

• Like 1

I have looked at it several times over the last few days, and elements of it are growing on me. I like the red and white print, the barbed wire and I love the blue with buttons detail. I think they will definitely enhance the look on the field. The way the picture was taken I'm finding it hard to put the skirt part into context.

In any case, I'm a wait-and-see alumni. Up close, a lot of color guard costumes are fairly odd looking. Cavalier's alien-things? BD's checkerboards??? Heck, a long time ago I think it was the Argonne Rebels perhaps that had unisuits that looked like Fruit Stripe Gum wrappers. That was the first time I had a "huhhh?" moment that I can recall regarding guard unis.

And again I will suggest it: Troop should buy those Cavies color guard costumes (2011 I think) with the stilts and whatever else made them look like aliens so Troop can do a "Cowboys and Aliens" show. :tongue: