New Uniforms 2013

Wow, I see them replacing half of those mombo feathers after every show! Must admit, the unis look better on the field than they did in individual shots. Have to wait and see.

Dan

Is there a "sheer piece" hanging off the right shoulder ...

Is there a "sheer piece" hanging off the right shoulder ...

Yes. It also loops over the front and is obscuring the "music staff" white lines on the front. (BD posted a ton of pics in Mediabox from Family Day - I spent some time checking out the uniforms last night.)

Mike

The feather would have been perfect for the dada show. I wonder if it first came up as an idea for last year's show and they just decided it's close enough to relevant to put it in this year.

Looks like BD has decided to put another feather in their cap for this year. Ok.

I hope the shows are great this year because the uniforms are confused.gif

I'm not sure your opinion is clear. Can you please increase the txt size and perhaps the bold effect?

He's just trying to match that big feather.

• Like 2

I am surprised that we have gone so many pages and yet no one has mentioned how the Rosemont fraternity brothers have borrowed an idea from their crossState rivals, the Regiment.

Does a crest in the center of a jacket remind you of anyone else's recent uniforms???

999669_10151651966043996_510585671_n.jpg

Edited by drilltech1

Dan Detweiler, on 18 June 2013 - 08:48 AM, said:

I know, I'm old and perhaps need to get with the times, but to me, drum corps marked the ultimate achievement of musicianship, sensitivity, emotion, power and musicality. That's what separated it from everything else for me. That's what drew me to the activity. That's what is missing for me now.

Funny, I am old too, even older than you, and for me these things are in abundance now more than ever before, which is why I still love this activity, as I have since 1964 when I started (thanks Dad!).

You're both right. Those things are in abundance more now than ever before. In drum corps. However, the sensitivity is still less than that found in professional performing arts. For one thing, they're kids on their summer vacation. But Dan is right that the corps do focus on much faster playing than, say, Chris Botti. I mean, in terms of notes-per-minute, I'm sure the Blue Devils have Chris Botti beat by a long ways. So why is that?

To put it another way, why is fast pace more impressive to the judges than sweet, gorgeous tone quality? Now I hear you saying that both are important. But the relative lack of soulful down-tempo tunes says the opposite. And when they do play them, they tend to be played soft and then loud (which they would not normally be) in order to check all the boxes.

I think it's a by-product of an activity judged by performing arts educators. I do feel that if Simon Cowell and Paula Abdul were the judges, it would move closer to Dan's vision, which would be ok too.

I am surprised that we have gone so many pages and yet no one has mentioned how the Rosemont fraternity brothers have borrowed an idea from their crossState rivals, the Regiment.

Does a crest in the center remind you of anyone else's recent uniforms???

And Phantom 2013 has a sash that looks similar to Cavies circa 1995. Point being?