Pittsburgh Pouncy House

Recaps are very... interesting, to say the least.

• Like 1

This has been asked many times and some people forcsomecreason will say it is for " Boston Area Crussaders". It isn't . It is for Bad ### Crusaders. It is from long long ago.

• Like 2

Bigger spread between Regiment and Bluecoats than I thought... Also much bigger spread between Cadets and Regiment.. Interesting recap

recaps fixed.

This has been asked many times and some people forcsomecreason will say it is for " Boston Area Crussaders". It isn't . It is for Bad ### Crusaders. It is from long long ago.

Well all I have to say by looking at those scores BAC is in Bad A@@ Trouble...

• Like 5

Did the new corps Coastal Surge not perform or where they in exhibition...no score listed?

Thanks in advance.

Coastal was in exhibition. They did a show last night, tonight's show and they will be in NJ Friday night. After that they are going home....done for the year. They are only doing three shows this year. They had 25 horns on the field at Gateway High School tonight.

Cadets were incredible. What a show...wow. I'm a hornline guy and they made the trip and $30 ticket price worth it. Not sure how many in attendance. A wild guess would be 2000 but that might be wishful thinking. Hopefully they will continue to have this show. Pittsburgh needs another show. Especially since DCI screwed the Baldwin show by re-scheduling it for early August when they have the East Rutherford show. That means Baldwin does not get any of the top seven or so. No disrespect for the the other corps. It's just that Cadets, BD, PR, CC etc. won't be anywhere near Pittsburgh unless there's another show. I get a whopping two and a half hours of drum corps a year and it's always good to have some of the top seven.

Just back from "Antimarino Stadium", a most amusing name. "Laces out!"

I thought the placements were correct but that everyone except perhaps Cadets (who'd made a huge jump the previous night) was underscored. Boston particularly. Their show is coming together--and growing on me. This was my third time seeing Cadets, Phantom, and Boston live, and my second time for Bluecoats. I hadn't seen Legends before, and unfortunately I couldn't get out of work in time to catch Coastal Surge. (It's 2 hrs. 20 min. from Cleveland.) Given my distaste for amplification and electronics, I'd like to blame the drop on scores on all the corps failing to turn down the amps in a much smaller venue than the two I'd previously seen them. Adding to my annoyance: I was sitting just outside the left 40, nearly in line with everyone's speakers. Bluecoats, who I believe are the only corps to mix from up high, where they ought to be able to hear better than the other corps mixers on the track, continue to be the worst offenders. For instance, during their first big hit a loud synth singing sound emerges that continues on after the brass cuts off, and it's very nearly as loud as all of them combined, from just one player--which feels so wrong. If that's deliberate, it's a mistake. However, Bluecoats do at least have a variety of synth sounds, unlike Phantom, who uses the same bad sound again and again in transitions. Despite all this, all shows are showing improvement, and I enjoyed all the corps. So it seemed did the large crowd (for that venue). The audience favorite seemed to be Phantom, although it was most curious to hear a young man a few seats from me tell his companions that while Phantom was his choice, he thought the judges would score Boston as the best show.