Mile-High Mayhem!

I felt that that was such a good build up... then bleh. They sounded really good until then though.

Edited by MelloMatt

They designed something for the average fan and noob and DCP complains. Figures.

I consider myself an average fan. I complain because it was campy.

campy [ˈkæmpɪ]adj campier, campiest Informal1. (Performing Arts / Theatre) consciously artificial, exaggerated, vulgar, or mannered; self-parodying, esp when in dubious taste

• Like 1

Boy You're not kidding!

Why? Why do something so fake and cheesy like that? raCH STAR, jingle bells, dance derby of the century? Yet they play so well. I just don't understand. barf!

Says the man who was just complaining about someone else having a negative opinion about smaller corps. Classy bro, classy

• Like 6

Boy You're not kidding!

Why? Why do something so fake and cheesy like that? raCH STAR, jingle bells, dance derby of the century? Yet they play so well. I just don't understand. barf!

But RachStar is easily the best show to get a new fan into the activity but we all ##### and moan about it. Oh... but we really want more entertaining shows. Hogwash... we want a reahashing of when we marched.

• Like 3

Singing is the new marching.........

Marching props is the new marching. :shutup:/>

• Like 1

Lola, from Academy, bugs me.

The rifle line is kind of a big mess too.

Academy show this year looks like the design staff tried to stuff too much into a 12 minute show. The visual has too much going on, and there is so much dirt out there in the marching that it detracts from the performance. There is some good young talent here however, so who knows what the future holds. The Guard is really struggling with the demand put on them, that there is litle to no uniformity in movements when its required. Maybe they got a late start this year, who knows. Fun show however.

Edited by BRASSO

Says the man who was just complaining about someone else having a negative opinion about smaller corps. Classy bro, classy

FOR THE WIN!

• Like 5

Oh come on, I've seen things more....interesting than a sing along.

It wasn't the sing along (the "Boxer" moment) that lost me (although I didn't like that very much either). It was the break in the flow of the show with the narration before the sing along. It was leading to big build up and then the cheese is thrown in. I think the push after the sing along is lost because of that. That's just me, though.

Edited by skajerk
  • Like 2

I consider myself an average fan. I complain because it was campy.

campy [ˈkæmpɪ]adj campier, campiest Informal1. (Performing Arts / Theatre) consciously artificial, exaggerated, vulgar, or mannered; self-parodying, esp when in dubious taste

And my mother is watching this broadcast with me. She thinks you're a snob.

She didn't like the Troopers because she had no idea what "11" was about.