What is your favorite show?

Santa Clara Vanguard show this year is absolutely amazing! I might be one of the only ones on here... but I also really enjoyed what The Cavaliers have put on the field. Sure, its not like the 2010 or 2011 show... but there are some really nice things about it.

favorite shows of the year (in order)

1. Blue Devils

2. Crown

3. Cadets

4. Bluecoats

5. Madison Scouts

Love this! Very similar to my five!

1. Blue Devils

2. The Cadets

3. Carolina Crown

4. Bluecoats

5. Santa Clara Vanguard

Edited by BLOODEVILS

SCV - That opening statement just gets me hyped from the start of the show, and it feels like a classic drum corps show with modern drill design.

Troopers - From start to finish, this show holds my attention better than most shows from any corps for the past few years. Not to mention, they are selling that sunburst moment like crazy.

Madison - The opener and closer are great, but the middle feels flat to me. Maybe the middle just isn't as strong emotionally for me, but man do they bring it when it counts.

Blue Devils - I just really like this show; it feels like the 'successor' to 2010. However, what I REALLY like is when they have those jazzy moments and let the hornline shine with that melty butter texture that they get.

Crown - I really like the opener, and the brass is almost as incredible as last year (some say better, but I find last year's to just be another level of good). Also, if they lost the narration in the ballad, it would be the greatest moment of the year, period. My biggest complaint is that the battery seems left out or an afterthought at times.

Cadets - That percussion is amazing from the battery to those epic Moyer front ensemble arrangements (fun fact, the front ensemble aged out 10 of 15 members last year). The brass is also a contender for best brass this year. They have my favorite ending of the year so far.

Spirit - I like the show, but I feel like a big Sweet Georgia Brown park and bark at the end is just missing. Perhaps they are saving it for a later date? I sure hope so because this show is unique compared to most all others with its musical style.

Crossmen - Musically, I love this show. Visually, it does nothing. It will definitely be one of the most played audio recordings by me.

Bluecoats - I love the moments where the hornline is allowed to show off their chops. I only wish there were more of these moments throughout the show; it feels somehow shorter than other shows around it.

Phantom - There are no real single parts I love, but as a whole, the show is quite incredible. It seems like their hornline is a bit weaker as far as balance this year, but if they can improve just a bit more, I think this show will be a favorite of many come finals.

• Like 3

Top 5

1. Crown

2. Blue Devils

3. Vanguard

4. Cadets

5. Vanguard again.

1. Santa Clara Vanguard - Classic show in a modern age

2. Phantom Regiment - I love how their shows build exciting elements throughout the year (and I love Enigma Variations and Nimrod)

3. Colts - So approachable and enjoyable

4. Troopers - my 10 year old saw them play early on this year and said it was the best show he ever saw!

5. Madison Scouts - As another poster said, the middle is a bit flat, but they really bring it when it counts

1. SCV

2. BAC

3. Troopers

Honorable mention: Madison Scouts

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 1