DCI major announcement?

You're completely missing the point. I already said I was willing to pay it. It doesn't seem you are really listening to what I am saying though, so we'll just have to leave it at that.

I was speaking in general terms, not that pointing that at you directly. I should have been more clear. Besides the cheap cats that don't want to pay will likely be able to bit torrent the show the next day anyway. And no, I'm not advocating that...just point out a reality.

No! That is not how you set prices at all. Geez. It is supply and demand.

Actually, no it isn't. Supply side economics supply/demand curve works for products with inelastic demand, like toothpaste. Price setting strategies can be done many ways. Selling a product at an inflated price compared to the competition is one strategy that is used often as in the auto example given previously. DCI is a niche market. People have many entertainment options, and as has been discussed on here, thousands more options than folks did in the 70's. Folks love to make the analogy that any market loss for DCI is purely the fault of DCI's failures and has nothing to do with the choices people have now. Which is just wrong.

If DCI were trying to saturate the market by putting the finals in as many homes across the US as possible, you might be right. It's clear from the way it is being marketed that isn't what they are doing, nor should they be. The demand isn't there and they understand that. Selling finals for $2 pay per view isn't going to up the viewership enough to make that worth it.

Amazing how many business experts there are on here that know how to run an international non-profit from the comfort of their own home.

Edited by Wadep66
  • Like 2

Why? You know what's marketed at new fans? LIVE SHOWS. FN's Video on Demand. The live stream as a social event (i.e. "party").

I'm beginning to think a few of you aren't really interested in "growing the activity"....I think you just don't want to spend any money. And that's ok. DCI isn't marketing to you either.

And i'm thinking youre blinded by the fact that youre a hardcore fan.

And i'm thinking youre blinded by the fact that youre a hardcore fan.

If anything, I'm casual now. But I understand this stuff from many years on corps staff, and even more years in the entertainment industry in a variety of forms.

I'm going to finals and probably always will.

But, for sure, I'D NEVER PAY A NICKEL, LET ALONE $70, FOR A FEED AS BAD AS THE ONE FROM ATLANTA TONIGHT!

Most aggravating dang thing I've ever paid for.

OUCH!

Makes me reluctant to plunk down the money for DCI Finals in my living room. I'm not sure what you folks are experiencing tonight. I do know, what I see on the DCA Fan Network (provided by DCI) is fine. This is certainly a new frontier for drum corps, yet, a place we really need to go with this activity.

I am half-way around the world from the great city of Atlanta and I have not had one problem.