Allentown TOC

Destroy all barricades, SCV! Get purply, Crown! Have a picnic, Bloo! Stay secretive, Cavies! Do it rite, Devils! Box em out, Cadets! Kill that queen, Phantom!

Nice summation of the TOC season! :thumbup:/>

Really, Hop?

Really?

What you mean to say is:

"Really, Hop!? Alright!"

I would say delaying the show in order to allow for more people to take their seats to watch Crown is quite the act of kindness. Especially from this guy...

• Like 1

August 4

Allentown, PA

Tour of Champions

Encore 9:39

Cadets 9:22

Bluecoats 9:05

Blue Devils 8:48

Cavaliers 8:31

Phantom Regiment 7:44

Vanguard 7:27

Carolina Crown 7:10

Judges

GE Visual: Michael Kelly

GE Music: Nola Jones

Visual Prof: Michael Thompson

Color Guard: Deborah Torchia

Brass: Andrew Cook

Music Analysis: Ken Turner

Percussion: Martin Griffin

Original start times -- don't know about the delay.

Edited by CrownBariDad

Debbie Torchia?? Congrats BD on winning Guard tonight :tongue::rolleyes:

• Like 2

As we know coupons and advertisement are a sign of a lack of market demand.

Actually, it's pretty smart, Charlie. This is the 3rd show in a row for this town, and based on prevailing economics many might say, they have seen enough and decide not to show. Particularly because I heard the other shows did well in gate. The coupon is an incentive to see corps again when you might think you can't afford it. It obviously made a difference judging on the delay due to ticket lines.

why do they need coupons? not enough market demand?

Because having people come back on a Sunday night after two days of the same show probably isn't easy. The good thing tonight is that people can see all of the Top 7 in one night, instead of spread over two nights.

As I glanced over who was judging I quickly went by Music GE and thought "did that just say Norah Jones" and then I thought "we might get some interesting results tonight.

Ok, just having some fun. :-)

Actually, it's pretty smart, Charlie. This is the 3rd show in a row for this town, and based on prevailing economics many might say, they have seen enough and decide not to show. Particularly because I heard the other shows did well in gate. The coupon is an incentive to see corps again when you might think you can't afford it. It obviously made a difference judging on the delay due to ticket lines.

I agree with your comments here. I was actually very surprised they would hold this TOC show in Allentown a day after Friday and Saturday DCI East shows. I'm not a fan of this TOC thing, but maybe hold this one in the Meadowlands, maybe Hershey, PA (great town for drum corps).

Sarcasm Alert /*

Maybe they can hold it in Syracuse in the Carrier Dome since they all seem to like domes so much. Might help them prepare for Indy.

*/