2014 Predictions!

I admire your boldness with the prediction that Phantom Regiment will finish ahead of last year's DCI Champion, Carolina Crown and that Crown will fall from 1st to 5th.. ( I'm not seeing that at all, but I like the boldness of it )

I was more in shock and wondering where this poster has been the past several years.

• Like 1

I have no idea about where corps will place, but I do hope a few shake up the ranks.

Crown - I think they have the vehicle to do it again.

Boston - I would love to see them upset the ranks. They've let everyone know they mean business. What I've seen and heard so far shows it.

Cavaliers - Another corps that's making incredible changes. Love how dark the show is.

Phantom - This was the first corps that blew me away and I've stuck with them since. No one forgets their first love.

• Like 1

1: Blue devils: they had a much better start to the season than last year, and more talent. I think this is gonna be a big year for them.

2: SCV: amazing show, amazing members, and an amazing corps in every caption.

3: bluecoats: same as SCV

4: the cavaliers: very very clean show for early season, they have are going to be back in the top 5 this year, as there show is too clean, powerful, and fun to not be.

5: crown: there new identity just dosent seem to be working out as well as it did last year. I'm not saying go back to the cream years, but go back to something that you would recognize. I loved everything they put on the field from 2003-2012, but there becoming to electronic. There show also seems too difficult to clean up enough to overcome the corps above.

• Like 1

1: Blue devils: they had a much better start to the season than last year, and more talent. I think this is gonna be a big year for them.

2: SCV: amazing show, amazing members, and an amazing corps in every caption.

3: bluecoats: same as SCV

4: the cavaliers: very very clean show for early season, they have are going to be back in the top 5 this year, as there show is too clean, powerful, and fun to not be.

5: crown: there new identity just dosent seem to be working out as well as it did last year. I'm not saying go back to the cream years, but go back to something that you would recognize. I loved everything they put on the field from 2003-2012, but there becoming to electronic. There show also seems too difficult to clean up enough to overcome the corps above.

Its been 23 years ( 1991) since the Cadets finished out of the top 5 and its only happened once in 33 years ( back to 1981). I like these bold predictions we're getting on DCP these days however. If nothing else, it makes for an interesting read on what DCP'ers are thinking these days.

This activity is full of tough competition. This year in particular there are a number of corps that have the potential to do better than they have in the past. If they do, they will push other corps down. If it could all be perfect, everyone would get to perform at finals.

With that in mind, I've been on this board for over 10 years now and I have seen a lot of lame comments, but the one above regarding the Scouts is one of the lamest. "I hope they don't even make finals" goes against all the hard work that these young people put into their summer and it's not because you mentioned the Scouts that I'm saying this - to wish for any corps to not do well is lame.

I agree, but shallow people that are classless and have no basis for their opinion still get to post absurd comments unfortunately.

That person probably never marched or was cut by corps and is hanging on to bitter sentiment anyway.

Its been 23 years ( 1991) since the Cadets finished out of the top 5 and its only happened once in 33 years ( back to 1981). I like these bold predictions we're getting on DCP these days however. If nothing else, it makes for an interesting read on what DCP'ers are thinking these days.

does this sound like a sixth or lower place corps?

https://soundcloud.com/pillyg/cadets-2014#t=11:58

Nope!

Not even close holy Mellos Batman

Cadets have one of their better brass lines this year and percussion is sick and playing Copland just makes this a special show. People will be very pleased with this show even the haters on DCP.

Edited by theCHEZman
  • Like 1