What's next in the evolution of DCI? Make your predictions here.

Fireworks

Lasers

Guest Stars

Woodwinds

Stringed Instruments either mic'd or jacked in.

Majorettes

Horses

Monster Trucks

Dolphins

Sky Divers &

Sky Writing when possible

You had me at "Horses" and "Dolphins," but "Sky Divers" would just bounce off the roof of Lucas Oil Stadium. "Monster Trucks" are the next logical step to be needed to pull out the pit equipment after one corps introduces seven marimbas and six vibes as the new standard and everyone else falls in line because they don't want to lose the pit arms race that has already required many corps to buy larger equipment trailers.

I could also see your prediction of "Lasers" work out for a show about house cats. The drum major could direct a laser pointer on the turf and the "cat" chases it. HUGE General Effect. The corps could play music from Thailand for the section about Siamese cats and music from Iran for the section about Persian cats. And there's plenty of Russian music that would work for the part about Siberian cats.

• Like 2

You had me at "Horses" and "Dolphins," but "Sky Divers" would just bounce off the roof of Lucas Oil Stadium. "Monster Trucks" are the next logical step to be needed to pull out the pit equipment after one corps introduces seven marimbas and six vibes as the new standard and everyone else falls in line because they don't want to lose the pit arms race that has already required many corps to buy larger equipment trailers.

I could also see your prediction of "Lasers" work out for a show about house cats. The drum major could direct a laser pointer on the turf and the "cat" chases it. HUGE General Effect. The corps could play music from Thailand for the section about Siamese cats and music from Iran for the section about Persian cats. And there's plenty of Russian music that would work for the part about Siberian cats.

Hey Boo,

You're aware that they won't arrest you for smoking that stuff in some states now, right?

:)

• Like 2

lights as it gains more acceptance and usage in WGI.

not really innovative either

Hey Boo,

You're aware that they won't arrest you for smoking that stuff in some states now, right?

:)

Would you believe I've never even tried that "stuff," not even once? When I was working on my masters degree in music theory and composition, I went to a party after a concert I was in that was held at a teacher's house. In the basement, I opened a door to a room and there were three professors passing around a joint. One who had me in his class pointed to me and proclaimed to the others, "I want to be where he's at!"

Over 30 years later, that's still the best description of my sense of being I've yet heard.

Would you believe I've never even tried that "stuff," not even once? When I was working on my masters degree in music theory and composition, I went to a party after a concert I was in that was held at a teacher's house.

REALLY ? theory and composition ? Please, try smoking dope..............

lights as it gains more acceptance and usage in WGI.

not really innovative either

There's lots of innovative LED stuff going on out in the world, that might look awesome sewn into uniforms, on flags, or what-have-you, but it would likely be too expensive to do at DCI ensemble scale for a few more years. Perhaps that's a good argument for dropping the corps size back to 128. :ph34r:

nyan-cat-bike.gif

Perhaps that's a good argument for dropping the corps size back to 128. :ph34r:/>

Good thought. The extra room on the buses could be used to move around the lighting equipment, and we could just turn up the amps to make up for the 8 or so musicians most corps would lose...

And they could do Bernstein or Copland for the Domestic finale!

And they could do Bernstein or Copland for the Domestic finale!

"West Side Kitty" and "Fanfare for the Common Cat."

• Like 1

I doubt we'll ever see woodwinds. They are too cost-prohibitive and high-maintenance to make it through a full summer of extensive touring and the rigors of rehearsal.

But the same observation was made when the pit instruments were proposed not that long ago... ie,' it'll never happen as its too cost- prohibitive, high- maintenance, too big, etc to make it thru a full summer of extensive touring with the rigors of rehearsal ".