What's next in the evolution of DCI? Make your predictions here.

DCI would be ripping off Big10 marching bands.

So long as they are having the experience of their lifetime, and its still enjoyable, there's no need to talk about it.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Very true. it has taken you a long time to get there. :cool:

Huh ?... You have almost double the posts and comments on here than I do.. so I don't know that you should be telling the others not to comment on things. Besides, you're the poster that posted a few days ago here on DCP a crass picture of a cleaning lady with a trash barrel behind the arse of an elephant to empty out its food waste in order for you to generate a cheap laugh ( not that I'm opposed to that sort of thing on here on occasion as well). So spare me the hypocrisy about giving comments on themes and shows or whatever. I've never suggested that any poster... ANY poster.. including you, shut up or what to say. So spare me the high and mighty crack.

Edited by BRASSO

Woodwinds? How about video over the trons to incorporate into your message? Pyrotecnics? Strings? All micd brass for amplification?

Pyrotecnics use seems out of the question for future use in DCI shows as its way too dangerous. The audiences are simply too close to the launching of the rockets.

Edited by BRASSO

Pyrotecnics use seems out of the question for future use in DCI shows as its way too dangerous. The audiences are simply too close to the launching of the rockets.

And members for that matter. If DCI can't use water because of member safety, I can't imagine they'd be able to use pyrotechnics.

And members for that matter. If DCI can't use water because of member safety, I can't imagine they'd be able to use pyrotechnics.

Maybe white powder, like Boston used last year, will now become acceptable.

True. they'd be fireworks galore re. controversy should some DCI Corps attempt to incorporate pyrotechnics into a show for effect.

Not happenin', imo.

Edited by BRASSO

As does the use of any kind of lasar or other (strobe) light effect. The use of strobe lights is commonly used for artificially generating seizure activities in epileptics (or others suffering from various seizure disorders) for study and/or diagnosis. I highly (or should I say, at least hopefully) doubt that DCI would not wish to bring that eventuality onto itself. And yes...I do speak from 30 years of experience.

Edited by HornTeacher