What's next in the evolution of DCI? Make your predictions here.

Maybe white powder, like Boston used last year, will now become acceptable.

Hmm, I believe that "white powder" use in drum corps dates back to the 1970s.....

video screen usage I see tough as...a majority of the shows are not indoors.

Woodwinds? How about video over the trons to incorporate into your message? Pyrotecnics? Strings? All micd brass for amplification?

Live circus animals playing woodwinds, while zooming around the stadium using jet packs.

Throw in some smoke, laser and synthesized vocal effects, and this is a stone winner.

Live circus animals playing woodwinds, while zooming around the stadium using jet packs.

Throw in some smoke, laser and synthesized vocal effects, and this is a stone winner.

It'd still be Drum Corps, though.

Y "Monster Trucks" are the next logical step to be needed to pull out the pit equipment after one corps introduces seven marimbas and six vibes as the new standard and everyone else falls in line because they don't want to lose the pit arms race that has already required many corps to buy larger equipment trailers.

I think however that " Monster Rock Guitars " will be normal instrumentation in DCI Drum Corps before we'll see " Monster Trucks" .We already have big Monster Trucks in DCI, just not on the field of competition in performance as of yet. On the other hand, we have had Rock Guitars in performance competition in DCI World Class Division, and my prediction is that we'll see more Rock Guitarists over the next couple of years, and well before the Clarinets and the Flutes and the like come in. Nobody knows on DCP what judges are judging the Rock Guitarist in performance, nor what is being judged, as we've asked this question a couple of times before, but nobody really knows for sure. But I believe that ultimately will all be worked out satisfactorily and explained properly to us... I'm ready and prepared again to hear more monster Rock Guitar riffs in DCI Drum Corps once again, and way more than the clarinets and the like too.. That said, I realize that some will like their DCI Drum Corps with clarinets, flutes and saxohones, and the like, and thats cool and all, but I much prefer to hear the sounds of Rock Guitars in my Drum Corps, given a choice. So I think the next new wave Drum Corps will have the Rock Guitars back again, now that its been away for awhile. We.ve already got Singers cued up and ready to go, so I think the Next Big Thing over the next couple of years will be the sound of the Rock Guitars with Solo, Trio, Quartet Singers out front. This will happen well before the Reeds come in to back them up, imo. But who knows. Only time will tell us which will be next to come in with instrumentation from the school and pop Band world..

Edited by BRASSO

I think however that " Monster Rock Guitars " will be normal instrumentation in DCI Drum Corps before we'll see " Monster Trucks" We already have big Monster Trucks in DCI, just not on the field of competition in performance as of yet. On the other hand we have had rock guitars in performance competition in DCI World Class Division, and my prediction is that we'll see more Rock Guitarists over the next couple of years, and well before the Clarinets and the Flutes come in. Nobody knows on DCP what judges are judging the Rock Guitarist in performance, nor what is being judged, as we've asked this question, but nobody really knows for sure. But I believe that ultimately this will be worked out satisfactorily and explained properly to us... I'm ready and prepared again to hear more Rock Guitar rips in DCI Drum Corps once again, and way more than the clarinets.. That said, I realize that some will like their DCI Drum Corps with clarinets, flutes and saxohones, and the like but I much prefer to hear the sounds of Rock Guitars in my Drum Corps, given a choice. So I think the next new wave Drum Corps will have the Rock Guitars back again, now that its been away for awhile. We.ve already got Singers cued up and ready to go, so I think the Next Big Thing over the next couple of years will be the sound of the Rock Guitars with Solo Singers out front. This will happen well before the reeds come in, imo. But who knows. Only time will tell us which will be next to come in from the Band world..

all judged in the effect areas. Music effect, visual effect, overall effect. How one relates to another as well as how it added or took away...........................................More musical things as you said as well as singers could certainly be the next as well as lighting, electrical effects , I have no doubt at all.

all judged in the effect areas. Music effect, visual effect, overall effect.

if a Rock Guitarist playing his or her Rock Guitar in field competition for the entire show is judged in their instrument playing, only in the " Effect Captions", and not in the execution captions, this might very well be the first musical instrument played in Drum Corps competition history not to be judged in either Brass, or Percussion. Can you think of any other instrument in DCI Competition that has not been judged on their execution, technique, performance profiency abilities, etc by either the Brass perf or the Percussion perf. judges ? I can't.

Edited by BRASSO

if a Rock Guitarist playing his or her Rock Guitarist in field competition is judged in their instrument playing, only in the " Effect Captions", and not in the execution captions, this might very well be the first musical instrument played in Drum Corps competition not to be judged in either Brass, or Percussion. Can you think of any other instrument in DCI Competition that has not been judged on the execution and performance abilities by either Brass or the Percussion judges ? I can't.

i think alot is very different , even in explanation in musical as well as visual effect and execution. Example. ( visual ) drops aren't looked at as they were bitd, musically because of many reasons I believe are the same. Yet the level of playing imo is extremely high

Edited by GUARDLING

i think alot is very different , even in explanation in musical as well as visual effect and execution. Example. ( visual ) drops aren't looked at as they were bitd, musically because of many reasons I believe are the same. Yet the level of playing imo is extremely high

But this was not my question. My question is.... : have you ever heard a performer with a musical instument played throughout the performance, not judged by either the Brass Perf. or the Percussion Perf. judges. ?

But this was not my question. My question is.... : have you ever heard a performer with a musical instument played throughout the performance, not judged by either the Brass Perf. or the Percussion Perf. judges. ?

they are being judged by those people. those captions also have effect subcaptions