I KNEW this was coming.

< insert waffle comment HERE >

The other side (your side) takes the view that school color guards should use them, instead of alternates. Your side has been attacking the (optional) use of alternate devices as PC.

Baloney. ( not waffles...haha!)

I never said ( nor believe ) that " Color Guards should use rifles instead of alternates ". That would be as dopey as my making a claim that you said that you believe that all Guards in Corps need to be banned from the utilization of imitation toy rifles in their shows. Would you appreciate having to defend something you never said ?

My response above was chiefly limited to my reply to the comment by Nakedeye poster above that we should be concerned that a school official somewhere might be bent out of shape that DCI corps uses imitation toy rifles in their summer shows on is or her school field in the summer. You then jumped in and took what I said in reply TO HIM in a whole different direction.

Edited by BRASSO

You beat me to it! :tongue:/>

Well then, pass the popcorn :ph34r:

Baloney. ( not waffles...haha!)

I never said ( nor believe ) that " Color Guards should use rifles instead of alternates ". That would be as dopey as my making a claim that you said that you believe that all Guards in Corps need to be banned from the utilization of imitation toy rifles in their shows. Would you appreciate having to defend something you never said ?ove wa

My response above was chiefly limited to the notion by Nakedeye poster above that we should be concerned with what a school official somewhere might be bent out of shape that DCI corps uses imitation toy rifles in their summer shows on is or her school field in the summer. You then jumped in and took what I said in a whole different direction.

The OP was an attack on George Hopkin's decision to sell alternates to high schools. It was called "I KNEW this was coming" and subtitled "PC crap crap crap". The "PC crap" referred to is the mere availability of rifle alternates for sale. And the phrase "Gone are the weapons of war," a direct reference to the Cadet's new intention to avoid rifles and (I think) sabres.

If you have no problem with the use of alternates, then I guess you agree with George Hopkins? And disagree with the OP? Because it sure didn't look like it.

Please tell us what your position on the use of rifle alternates is then?

Don't pretend we have been trying to ban toy rifles in all schools. It's a classic straw man argument.

haha... don't pretend that school officials are complaining about the use of imitation toy rifles in DCI Summer show performances. They're not. To my knowledge, not a single school official anywhere has complained about the use of ANYTHING on their school field in DCI summer show Corps performances. To suggest otherwise, is to introduce something into the DCP discussion thast is essentially a non issue.

Simple question to you: can you cite one example of a school official espressing his or her concerns or opposition to DCI ( or the Corps )in their official capacity as a school official about ANYTHING in a DCI Corps show performance that offended them in some way ?

Edited by BRASSO

haha... don't pretend that school officials are complaining about the use of imitation toy rifles in DCI Summer show performances. They're not. To my knowledge, not a single school official anywhere has complained about the use of ANYTHING on their school field in DCI summer show Corps performances. To suggest otherwise, is to introduce something thst has no evidence whatssoever to my knowledge.

Simple question to you: can you cite one example of a school official espressing his or her concerns about ANYTHING in a DCI Corps show performance ?

Yes. "The girls need to wear more clothes."

But, of course, I disagreed with him very strongly.

tongue.gif/>

Edited by garfield

My response above was chiefly limited to the notion by Nakedeye poster above that we should be concerned with what a school official somewhere might be bent out of shape that DCI corps uses imitation toy rifles in their summer shows on is or her school field in the summer.

Unfortunately, this is not correct. My earlier post concerns the marketing of the near-weapon props by Cadets as a sound business decision which might appeal to some directors where school policy is very strict about anything remotely considered a toy weapon on campus. These policies do exist, as a subsequent poster confirmed.

No position on the merit or non-merit of the policies was expressed.

No suggested panties were bunched.

No small towns are lived in, despite your stated assumption of that as well (?)

:tongue:

Yes. "The girls need to wear more clothes."

But, of course, I disagreed with him very strongly.

tongue.gif/>

To show you how silly this is, most Principals, School Administrators, are on summer recess during the summer DCI competitive season and the last thing on their minds then is the use of imitation toy wooden rifles in Show Performances of DCI Corps way back at their school's football fields. This stuff is too funny for words, imo.

Edited by BRASSO