I KNEW this was coming.

I am not a FB user and don't know how to copy and paste embedded photos.

But I was just shown a neat photo on Cadets FB page (left hand column) of a snare drummer and Cadets 3 (!) first recruit. Here's the link.

https://www.facebook...&type=1

Edited by drilltech1

Before anyone freaked out about this, did they stop to think that MAYBE, just MAYBE, the writing is meant to be a bit tongue-in-cheek? Wow, talk about getting your panties in a bunch over nothing...

"Gone are the implements of subtle humor..." :blink:/>/>/>

Edited by troon8
  • Like 6

This is Hop's, what, third time pushing non-weapon versions of the standard guard implements?

I think the challenge preventing broader adoption is that they really don't look much different from rifles and sabres, and the work didn't look much different from what you'd do on rifles and sabres. So what's the compelling reason to change?

IMO it seems like much more of a trend to take something that's nothing like a standard guard implement and do clever work with it, e.g. BD's curved poles this year.

• Like 1

Before anyone freaked out about this, did they stop to think that MAYBE, just MAYBE, it's meant to be a bit tongue-in-cheek? Wow, talk about getting your panties in a bunch over nothing...

This.

I saw it as a tongue-in-cheek remark and not some anti-violence manifesto.

OT: There's bigger problems in America than "political correctness." There's no organized PC movement. There's no jack-boot PC thugs forcing you at gun-point to adopt their opinion. And if someone is offended by what you say, you are perfectly free to reply "I'm sorry you feel this way; this is what I believe," before moving on.

• Like 3

Is it okay to say, some of you are pathetic? This activity, thanks to some of you, is NOT fun anymore!

• Like 2