World wide block on DCI DVDs/CD...?

Why was this not an issue with Academy last year?

I'm not seeing any non-top-12 Blu-Ray for 2012. (For that matter I don't see one for 2013 either.)

Although this page says it's a Blu-Ray in the text, it's clearly a DVD.

It seems this goes on every year anymore. This is a real disservice to a corps fan base.

If a corps uses unlicensed material and a portion of the show is muted or cut from a cd or dvd, do they still receive money from the sale of that recording? They shouldn't.

If its not allowed to be on a cd or dvd because of copyright laws, how can DCI live stream or make the show available On-Demand? DCI charges and makes a profit of some kind and allows the complete show to be aired. Does that not fall under the same law?

Since the sale of DCI products are based on full show performances, shouldn't DCI and/or the corps find out early if there are any issues with the show? I would think they would resolve all issues BEFORE the season starts.

• Like 1

Brace yourselves ... DCP's legal experts are on the case.

Well, for want of intelligent commentary from any actual legal experts, we muddle along as best we can.

• Like 3

It seems this goes on every year anymore. This is a real disservice to a corps fan base.

If a corps uses unlicensed material and a portion of the show is muted or cut from a cd or dvd, do they still receive money from the sale of that recording? They shouldn't.

If its not allowed to be on a cd or dvd because of copyright laws, how can DCI live stream or make the show available On-Demand? DCI charges and makes a profit of some kind and allows the complete show to be aired. Does that not fall under the same law?

Since the sale of DCI products are based on full show performances, shouldn't DCI and/or the corps find out early if there are any issues with the show? I would think they would resolve all issues BEFORE the season starts.

thats why I stopped buying the dvds and cds

Brace yourselves ... DCP's legal experts are on the case.

Well, for want of intelligent commentary from any actual legal experts, we muddle along as best we can.

Do you know that you are replying to an attorney??? :smile:/

I sure do! (In keeping with the Sean Bean theme: One does not ... respond to whitedawn unwittingly.)

• Like 1