Cavaliers Cell Phone Question

Wait, in view of your signature line, does that mean you think it's dumb to like what you post?

Nope; imo we should all be grown-up enough to post actual 'words' of agreement or actual 'words' of disagreement, and the red/green clicks are nothing more than idiotic popularity contest type behavior.

• Like 1

Nope; imo we should all be grown-up enough to post actual 'words' of agreement or actual 'words' of disagreement, and the red/green clicks are nothing more than idiotic UN-popularity contest type behavior.

Fixed!

• Like 1

Heck, I'm 60 in a few weeks, and I'M far too reliant on tech tools. :tongue:

I'm turning 58 in just over two weeks, and I don't have any such issu...hang on...someone just posted on my Facebook page.

• Like 3

Nope; imo we should all be grown-up enough to post actual 'words' of agreement or actual 'words' of disagreement, and the red/green clicks are nothing more than idiotic popularity contest type behavior.

If I'm scanning a thread quickly, a green mark might cause me to give a particular post a little more consideration. And if a bunch of people like what someone says, but don't have anything to add, I think that a high green number is more convenient for everyone than a list of variants on "Nice post!"

• Like 2

If I'm scanning a thread quickly, a green mark might cause me to give a particular post a little more consideration. And if a bunch of people like what someone says, but don't have anything to add, I think that a high green number is more convenient for everyone than a list of variants on "Nice post!"

So what does the red green number count actually mean other than someone being able to gauge the 'likeability' of the poster or posting? That popularity rating system still seems extremely juvenile to me.

So what does the red green number count actually mean other than someone being able to gauge the 'likeability' of the poster or posting? That popularity rating system still seems extremely juvenile to me.

Just like above, it means "Yeah, I agree".

I consider it more of an approval rating than a likability rating.

That said, I'll also be attracted to a high negative number, too, for much the same, if opposite, reason.

I only infrequently look at anyone's profile, and when I do, it's not to gauge their red/green rating. Those, to my mind, are for posts not for people, though I suppose what they ought to mean in the personal aggregate is not "liked" or "disliked" but "worth reading" or "troll".