what modern main stream band would you design a show around?

What's old is new again....................Stan Kenton

Really ? don't like it ? you're clueless

Well I can say one thing for certain as to what not to design a show around. Imagine you are on your way to Indy by car. You left a town outside of Boston and just outside of Providence, your CD player dies which does not allow your MP3 player to work either. You have a choice between AM and FM radio, and you hear the same song over and over: "Get Lucky." Thank you to every corps in prelims from Blue Saints to Blue Devils whose great shows wiped that song from my mind, until I had to drive home. Second was "Blurred Lines" prior to Miley, and third is my suggestion: Bruno Mars. Some of his music could make an interesting show, though if acted out would probably be rated R, perhaps borderline NR17, but it might work musically.

Interestingly enough, I'm currently re-listening to "Deloused in the Comatorium" (their first LP), for efforts in adapting it for my fantasy corps. My high school did it for indoor drumline my sophomore year...apart from (as you said) the impossible marching synching and some of the might-be-impossible-to-play-on-a-brass-instrument stuff (thinking specifically the bass line in one of the songs), it'd be kinda awesome.

This is going to sound crazy coming from someone who turned 58 a week ago, but I've been quite intrigued of what I've seen of Mars Volta. Naturally, much of the band's repertoire would be practically impossible to synch music and marching.

No seriously. i loved that show except the closer that did not go with the rest of the show at all. I hear they added that because they couldn't use the original choice.

it was s total non sequitur. it was just a stupid popular song the dullards would drool over and frankly it ruined their show.

No seriously. i loved that show except the closer that did not go with the rest of the show at all. I hear they added that because they couldn't use the original choice.

it was s total non sequitur. it was just a stupid popular song the dullards would drool over and frankly it ruined their show.

Whatever crystal meth you are smoking, sir, may I have some? Or have you just yet to latch on to hip-hop in any form ever?

Whatever crystal meth you are smoking, sir, may I have some? Or have you just yet to latch on to hip-hop in any form ever?

Easy boy... eaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasy...

To be perfectly honest, he's not entirely wrong. The song doesn't really fit into the show that well and I can see why some may be turned off by that...

Whether or not it wasn't #### entertaining is a completely different manner, and one that I will agree with you and not Flammy on.

All Nickelback, all the time. :wow:

How might you react if three corps in a row played all-Nickelback shows?

I'd ask for my nickel back! :satisfied:

Edited by Plan9