Madison Scouts 2014 -- Playing the Music of Stan Kenton and Don Ellis

Well, let's be honest...there's a number of corps that feel that way anytime they get beat by the Madison Scouts.

Design and visual comp/colorguard-wise, definitely.

And all this focus on making Blue Stars a sort-of litmus test is just odd to me. Both corps are so similar. Blue Stars stormed back into finals placing 8th from 2008-2010, then dropping to 11th in 2011, then falling out of finals in 2012 (13th place), then coming back to 12th place in 2013, and now we're here today. Incredible run considering their long history. That 2008 corps came out of nowhere. If anything their fans could feel the almost the same way about their corps that some people feel about the way Madison has gone; "why did they lose competitive momentum?", "why are they stagnating?", "I'm terrified of going down a rebuilding path after just getting out of one"

I can understand being disappointed in the Scouts' design staff, but it's not like other corps are just going to let you hop them.

__

On another note, can someone help me out reading some of the SanAnt recap?

http://www.dci.org/scores/recap/recap_window.cfm?event=e9ee2022-4bfb-411c-aa83-586949db55ab

I haven't been following DCI for a few years. There are 4 GE judges, and they are in pairs. Are they all judging total GE, or are they separated by Music & Visual? If so, which judges are the music GE judges, and which are the visual GE judges? Those scores by M.Czap and S.Sybil stick out like a sore thumb.

And have Scouts always been doing well in Visual Prof this season? They scored above Regiment and Blue Stars, I wasn't sure if it was an oddity for the season.

I can think of someone else making an *** of themself... (themselves?)

I'm in a Scouts thread. I'm not over in a Blue Stars thread talking #### either. Differences. And people are getting their panties in a wad over me using Blue Stars for reference. I'll say the same thing using Crossmen as an example if/when that happens....and I certainly have nothing against Crossmen. I wasn't trying to single out the Blue Stars. But anyone who can't see that being an issue for someone who marched when I did (BS div2, Scouts Top 6), just isn't being honest and is trying to be offended. Edited by BigBadMadMan
  • Like 2

I can understand what BigBad is saying. Taking into account the inherent advantages the Scouts have over other corps; history, fan base, recruitment, etc., they should be consistently a top six competitor. That they are not, and not even close, is a problem. This all comes back to show design.

• Like 2

Take it however you want I guess, but the fact remains, if the Scouts are getting beat by the Blue Stars this year, something has gone terribly wrong. Also, if you'll remember, the FIRST time that happened a few years ago, the Blue Stars fans were nearly intolerable over it and many showed up in Scouts threads to gloat and essentially make ##### of themselves, so I'm not too incredibly concerned what they think or how they feel.

My response was over the top. Edited.

Edited by BozzlyB

GE is now combined, with all effect judges responsible for the total program, music and visual. At regional, they double the GE panel, so the GE-1 overall score is an average of the two judges. Same for GE-2.

Thanks.

That just makes the GE scores even weirder to look at. Really shows how odd the whole concept of GE can be sometimes.

Scouts got beat by Blue Stars, because Blue Stars show kicks ####### ### this year, and Scouts are this years hot dog corps. Be lucky to make finals. Talk about making an ### out of yourself. Get over it.

Regardless of the fact I am a die hard Blue Stars fan, you're kind of doing the same with this response. Come on, seriously? You've done the same in my eyes, I don't understand the need for that "my corps is bad ### and yours sucks" kind of response, you're basically affirming what he said about Blue Stars fans coming onto a Madison thread and being dicks about it. That's the first time Blue Stars topped Madison this year, Blue Stars topped Spirit twice last year and look who came out on top in August. Jesus Christ. All I have to say. Some times it is best to stay out of it and let the corps settle it out on the field in their performances. If that's not enough, I don't know what to tell you.

In other news related to Madison, love the drumline this year. Like what Bedis is doing there.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 3

I can understand what BigBad is saying. Taking into account the inherent advantages the Scouts have over other corps; history, fan base, recruitment, etc., they should be consistently a top six competitor. That they are not, and not even close, is a problem. This all comes back to show design.

Someone gets it. ^^^^

Scouts got beat by Blue Stars, because Blue Stars show kicks ####### ### this year, and Scouts are this years hot dog corps. Be lucky to make finals. Talk about making an ### out of yourself. Get over it.

Be careful what you say, it will come back to bite you!