Bluecoats 2014

That's the way it could work, not the way it does work.

There was a great discussion after finals last year about experiments different circuits have run with adding an extra decimal place so that close performances can be placed closer together. Quarter-finals in particular is really crowded for numbers, so the judge can't do much more than rank the groups with an 0.1 or 0.2 spread between each.

and one judge worked the show without any ties

I assume this is where one queues up to jump on the Bloo Bandwagon? I just saw the show from Akron and HOLY HELL it's amazing. Wow. Seriously, on just one viewing it's already one of my favorite shows, perhaps ever.

I, I just, I can't.

/OffToWatchAgain

• Like 2

i believe it was changed to PRE-SHOW, not post show as i mentioned correct?

I don't know about that. I just know that there is definitely still a critique, as a friend of mine who's on the road this summer was talking about having gone to critique. Either way, there is an opportunity for staff's to advocate and educate about their show.

This.

I assume this is where one queues up to jump on the Bloo Bandwagon? I just saw the show from Akron and HOLY HELL it's amazing. Wow. Seriously, on just one viewing it's already one of my favorite shows, perhaps ever.

I, I just, I can't.

/OffToWatchAgain

Finally.

No cute narration, no story, no attempt at a deeper meaning. Ever since about 2007, this is the Bluecoats show I've been looking for: music first, electronics integrated just about seamlessly (the pitch bend is genius) and letting the horn line blow the stands back.

I would like to see this win . . .but even if it doesn't, this is one of the shows that will be defining for the 2014 season: there's really something for everyone.

Finally.

No cute narration, no story, no attempt at a deeper meaning. Ever since about 2007, this is the Bluecoats show I've been looking for: music first, electronics integrated just about seamlessly (the pitch bend is genius) and letting the horn line blow the stands back.

I would like to see this win . . .but even if it doesn't, this is one of the shows that will be defining for the 2014 season: there's really something for everyone.

Absolutely. I already kinda want them to win, but will not care a single bit if they don't, because, ####. What a show.

The good news (from a competitive standpoint) is that they are dirrrrrrty visually right now (it was their first show, right?) and that can be fixed.

This show will fill my ears for years to come, this I am sure of.

• Like 1

I almost died when I heard their closer for the first time. That chord-synth-chord-synth-MASSIVE CHORD progression is genius and the best use of a synth I've ever heard in DCI. It was literally 30 seconds of a crazy wall of sound.

I know I'm late to this comment but it literally tore the house down when they did it at Akron. It was a great way to close out the show, and you're spot on about the wall of sound. Truly jaw-dropping.

• Like 2

<waiting for next bluecoat youtube video of warmups>

I finally had the time to watch their show on the FanNetwork and this is without doubt the best program and strongest corps in Bluecoats history. How they are not only ahead of Cadets but several points ahead makes no sense to me. I've never been much of a Bluecoats fan but this has converted me. They will be top 3 and maybe even the DCI World Champion.

• Like 3