Bluecoats 2014

Is that an overtone I'm hearing on that last note, or are the trumpets taking it up there? Holy mother of god...

Definitely someone taking it up, and nailing it.

I also just found and watched the show before it'll be taken down shortly. Definitely sounds like the sound system is jacked up to 11 for the final tilt hit again, and I got goosebumps from it, like I did watching the Akron show.

Edited by loopin' froot loops
  • Like 1

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, for turning that synth back up to OVER 9,000!!!

When I got back from Denver and watched the FN vids with it turned way down I was beyond dissapointed and having it soft kidna ruined the moment, but I'm glad they turned it back up. Very, very, very saddened I missed my 1 chance to see them live this year in Denton because I didn't want to risk the 6 hour drive through rain and flooding all the way down there, but congrats on the score last night, they are most certainly back in it. Cannot wait for tomorrow! I need to get my Tilt shirt ordered for the theater since I couldn't get one from the trailer.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 2

Now let's just hope that Fan Network can mic that ***t up correctly...

Big bucks to mic and mix it so that everything is covered. You wanna pay for it? Fan Network's compromise is a good one, they just need to get the codec working better for live events.

I talked to one of their staff members at the show last Sunday. They said the synth volume has been the same all summer. There was only 1-2 shows where they had an electronics issue and it was softer. They said the fan network mics have caused it to sound different online.

Definitely someone taking it up, and nailing it.

I also just found and watched the show before it'll be taken down shortly. Definitely sounds like the sound system is jacked up to 11 for the final tilt hit again, and I got goosebumps from it, like I did watching the Akron show.

Yeah like seriously nailing it. I think multiple trumpets, perfect intonation. The final TILT hit was a bit too much (you have to hear the horn line sit on top of the mix). BTW, where is the guy who mixes everything? Would be nice to be able to be in the box. DCI rules change? Please???

I'll watch them for you in Massillon. OMG its gonna be nuts. Without BD there, they may win.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, for turning that synth back up to OVER 9,000!!!

When I got back from Denver and watched the FN vids with it turned way down I was beyond dissapointed and having it soft kidna ruined the moment, but I'm glad they turned it back up. Very, very, very saddened I missed my 1 chance to see them live this year in Denton because I didn't want to risk the 6 hour drive through rain and flooding all the way down there, but congrats on the score last night, they are most certainly back in it. Cannot wait for tomorrow! I need to get my Tilt shirt ordered for the theater since I couldn't get one from the trailer.

• Like 1

This is what I thought. **cking Fan Network... this totally mis-represents the corps to the world.

I talked to one of their staff members at the show last Sunday. They said the synth volume has been the same all summer. There was only 1-2 shows where they had an electronics issue and it was softer. They said the fan network mics have caused it to sound different online.

This is what I thought. **cking Fan Network... this totally mis-represents the corps to the world.

Although I'd be curious to know how many Fan Network subscribers don't also look at this or other forums regarding drum corps.

IF TRUE ... THANK YOU BLOO FOR TURNING UP THE SYNTH VOLUME.

Rock the joint like its Akron again! That's what I want. I want my ear drums to burst, bleed and be totally destroyed! The loud synth and the brass line is the most epic thing ever in the history of drum corps. Do not, repeat, DO NOT EVER turn it down again!!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

BTW, where is the guy who mixes everything? Would be nice to be able to be in the box. DCI rules change? Please?

The sound board operator is absolutely allowed to work remotely from the stands. That rule change was passed in 2010 or 2011. I sat next to Vanguard Cadets' mixer in the top row (so just in front of the box) at a show in 2012 and watched him running the board from his tablet.