Bluecoats 2014

I can't say for sure why the change was made - just a guess... In a way it's good to put the drum line off the field because they are not involved in the ballad - which places greater focus on the brass and guard. Typically for ballads, corps can't quite figure out what to do with the drum line anyway. Why not just move them off the field during this time of the show? Seems like it makes sense to me.

True, but when they file back out for their next entrance, it draws your attention away from the brass and front ensemble as they close out the ballad (more so than when they stand during the ballad, I think). Overall, it doesn't strike me as being better or worse than before, just an interesting change.

The guy who created this did state he is a fan of each corps, just a funny take on the variety of shows 2014.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFV0Ow3msyA

That video is actually so unbelievably accurate. Cadets are clean and sound great like always, but Bluecoats have a modern, exciting, and just totally awesome show. And they sound really really good. Just gotta get cleaner. The judges apparently don't see that much in TILT but at least the fans do.

• Like 1

I can't say for sure why the change was made - just a guess... In a way it's good to put the drum line off the field because they are not involved in the ballad - which places greater focus on the brass and guard. Typically for ballads, corps can't quite figure out what to do with the drum line anyway. Why not just move them off the field during this time of the show? Seems like it makes sense to me.

Would a tilted drum line windmill work for the Bluecoats like the BAC standard one?

Well well well, Coats clean, GE goes through the roof. Not a bad sign for the near future...