Best uniforms ever

Les Chatelaines de Lavalle 1981. The first time I saw this All-Girl corps I wondered what planet they were from, but they eventually converted my over to appreciating the originality and concept.

Edited by bluesman
  • Like 1

The Cadets and any variation, though I'm a big fan of the '05 double-sided uniform and the '12 uniform just oozed class to me and look amazing.

'13 Music City when they went from white to black pants with red plumes/shakos/whatever you call them

'13 Genesis, just a great look that matched the show

'07-'09 Crown, Just a classy look, especially the green in '09.

'07-'12 Bluecoats

'13 Bluecoats, I just love this uniform, it just has so much class to me and I hope to wear it myself someday

I apologize for only having knowledge of modern era drum corps.......

• Like 1

The Cadets and any variation, though I'm a big fan of the '05 double-sided uniform and the '12 uniform just oozed class to me and look amazing.

'13 Music City when they went from white to black pants with red plumes/shakos/whatever you call them

'13 Genesis, just a great look that matched the show

'07-'09 Crown, Just a classy look, especially the green in '09.

'07-'12 Bluecoats

'13 Bluecoats, I just love this uniform, it just has so much class to me and I hope to wear it myself someday

I apologize for only having knowledge of modern era drum corps.......

I encourage you to go to the historical page & look at the old photos thread - you will see some great stuff. As a certified valve/rotor old f**t, it seems to me that these days uniforms tend to look alike. If you showed me a photo of Blue Devils, Blue Stars, and Blue Knights from 2013 I don't know that I could tell which was which. BITD, uniforms seemed to be much more diverse and distinctive. Look at the photo above of Belleville (IL) Black Knights. When they showed up, there was no question who they were. Perhaps the current bib-overall trousers with some sort of jacket over top is a function of the breakneck run drill & dance moves currently popular? I suppose it would be easier to move around in...

CADETS- very classy and they march like robots which makes it look even more impressive.

BLUECOATS- especially when they had the little mirrors on the front. The color just pops like crazy on the field.

BRIDGEMEN- many moons ago but those yellow and black uniforms and the rainbow flags were just an explosion

of color to match the amazing sounds coming from that stellar brass and percussion section.

Les Chatelaines de Lavalle 1981. The first time I saw this All-Girl corps I wondered what planet they were from, but they eventually converted my over to appreciating the originality and concept.

Les Chatelaines de Lavalle? Agreed!

Chte1.jpg

I thought bluesman was referring to the following uniforms for Les Chatelaines (early 80's - top two photos in attached link):

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/62667-some-old-corps-photos/page-1446