Best uniforms ever

Back in late 60's - early 70's I suspect if you saw the corps in the west it was Anaheim; in the east it was Blue Rock. And I never understood why Blue Rock had yellow uniforms.

Someone help out on this one... there's a story about a mix up of uniforms between Blue Rock and Anaheim.

Wish I had a photo, but back in the early sixties, my corps competed against St. Rocco's Cadets from Brooklyn, and they wore these beautiful turquoise cadet uniforms that had everyone agog. Rumor then was that the Mafia paid for them, but today members tell me that the community businesses donated money to the uniform fund.

You mean like this...

us2.jpg?width=420&height=600

• Like 2

The Kilties had classy uniforms and if my memory is correct, they had the most expensive uniforms of their day.

I always loved 27th Lancers from 75-83. Loved the rifles in the Buckingham Palace foot guard uniforms and the kilts of the drum line though I did not mind when they stopped wearing them in 1979.

I also love the red/black of BAC in its various inceptions though the red/black of the past few years looks crispest.

I also like Cadets uniforms including Angels/Demos variation and the 12.25 variation.

I like Cavies when they resemble Errol Flynn like swashbucklers, and if Crown goes back to crème, you won't hear any complaints from me.

I liked the Kilties of 1975. The long hair and facial hair made them look very mature. Good pick.

27th Lancers guard, another good pick. The contrast from the rest of the corps was huge but it worked so well with them. The performance aspect of the guard was striking. They may not have had the strength of the all male corps so their tricks weren't as high but the design and execution was way ahead of everyone. Madison's guard were their only rival in '75.

BAC, not so much. Those red uniforms just don't stand out enough.

Cavaliers D'Artagnan Uniforms of 1976-77. I thought they were cool (to look at) when I wore them. I cringe when I look at the pictures now. 1976 was an economy uniform change. We wore a naugahyde vest over our old satin blouses. We lost the dickie for the hairy chest reveal. We lost the wide white belt and replaced it with a black sash with our old weapons-grade belt buckle. Those "gosh darn" things always came loose in shows. We lost the shako and replaced it with a felt D'Artagnan hat with white ostrich feather along the top of the right-side upfold. That hat needed a spring wire reinforcement in the brim. Oh, we practically needed another semi for little cubbies to store all those hats which were about three times the size of shakos. They were great for shade on sunny days but it was no fun to be bundled up in satin and vinyl at a 4th of July parade. We switched to white golf shirts and a rename to "The Casualairs" for parades. Nope, not my favorite uniform. Maybe I'm too familiar to be objective.

Cadets - Any decade, any era, the best uniform. They're sharp, they tailor to any body shape well. They contrast with the turf so drill forms stand out. My only criticism, and it goes for all current uniforms with shakos, is lose the disproportionately tall plumes. It looks comical.

Addendum - Bellville Black Knights looked Bad @55 in person. They deserve a mention as a top uniform. Good pick.

Edited by Cavie74

6275306974_356f911b57_b.jpg

• Like 1

6275306974_356f911b57_b.jpg

That is sick looking!! What corps/year is this?

Some of my favorites: Phantom's blacks in mid 90s (looked sick)

80s/90s scouts (there were a few variants, but that red sash just looked so sharp)

I feel like I'm in the minority of people who like the 2013 bluecoats uniforms a lot

Star had a few cool uniforms I liked, like the pinks

Troop (that cavalry just looks classy every time)

http://puu.sh/6jTIa.jpg this half mask I've always loved

I've actually really liked Academy's uniforms, especially with the red gloves they wore this last season.

Kilties, because you can wear the kilts traditionally :cool:

I was really partial to the Glassmen uniforms they got in 2009. The little mirrors on the side really cut great on everyone, and made the whole corps look tall and slender.

SCV in the late 90s, talk about classy uniforms.

I think it was the Finleyville Crusaders back in the mid-70s that were bright blue with the big red X across the center, those have always stuck with me.

Crossmen recently, with the white accent pieces.

Cadets and Cavaliers are such a classic look, even when they've tweaked it, like the two-sided 2005 uniforms from The Zone.

That is sick looking!! What corps/year is this?

Round Rock High School from Round Rock, Texas. This is their current uniform. One of the coolest and greatest uniforms ever!

Edited by amusicman

Round Rock High School from Round Rock, Texas. This is their current uniform. One of the coolest and greatest uniforms ever!

The drop sash looks very similar to what the Mandarins have now on their uniform. Probably similar designs. The dragon on the jacket is a really cool look