The Cadets - 2014

I attended all their camps leading up to move in for the Cadets and I have to admit that I'm skeptical about their show. That being said, all reports from my sources in Johnstown are good. As a matter of fact, my most trusted and objective source said the corps is great and the show is coming together quite well. I'm cautiously optimistic that the staff has learned from previous design mistakes and this will be a special edition of the Cadets. We will find out soon!

• Like 1

matt harloff just posted a video of crown's brass playing "Flight of the Bumble Bee" on facebook.

a zillion notes, because we can.

It's official: Crown has become what the Cadets were 20 years ago, but even better.

• Like 2

matt harloff just posted a video of crown's brass playing "Flight of the Bumble Bee" on facebook.

a zillion notes, because we can.

It's official: Crown has become what the Cadets were 20 years ago, but even better.

well actually he said his reason for posting was:

"Because I owe all the drum corps fans out there, but more importantly to honor all those that have made and continue to make our country as awesome as it is .... Happy Memorial Day from Inside the Circle with the Carolina Crown Brass Line."

What is the OSHA? (I'm from across the border here)

Occupational Safety and Health Administration

Gov't agency that makes sure guys don't cut off their hands, fall into a vat of boiling steel, and that 13 year-olds aren't forced into labor.

Occupational Safety and Health Administration

Gov't agency that makes sure guys don't cut off their hands, fall into a vat of boiling steel, and that 13 year-olds aren't forced into labor.

Thanks for the reply.

Is there any agency, federal or state, that this would fall under for non-profits?

I attended all their camps leading up to move in for the Cadets and I have to admit that I'm skeptical about their show. That being said, all reports from my sources in Johnstown are good. As a matter of fact, my most trusted and objective source said the corps is great and the show is coming together quite well. I'm cautiously optimistic that the staff has learned from previous design mistakes and this will be a special edition of the Cadets. We will find out soon!

For what it's worth, Bruno Zuccala said in last week's webinar that the show is coming together well and he finds it very entertaining so far. Gino says they spent the first week whipping the hornline into the Cadets sound (since they had limited camps in the winter), and they're right where they need to be. Colin seems mostly satisfied, and one of the guard staff guy discussed that there will be a lot of dance from the guard as they work to embody/interpret/reflect the narration.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply.

Is there any agency, federal or state, that this would fall under for non-profits?

I don't know, but with the USA having more lawyers per acre than any other country, they would be smart to follow OSHA guidelines anyway, should, heaven forbid, any accident happen. So, just for fun, I spotted a few things: wheels not chocked, no side rails, no toeboards, slope of the ramp too steep. These are the times we live in.....