The Cadets - 2014

I am a little confused on the Hopkins posting information on members who were out for medical reasons. When was this? And while I am not sure what happened and was said and or removed, it doesn't seem like that is any different than a basketball team announcing someone has a torn acl, or a concussion, and will be out for the rest of the season. It just seems that will have more people wishing the kids well. Drum corps have always been like families, and even regardless of past histories, rivalries, bad blood, etc, when someone is down in the activity, we all put everything aside to wish them well. I am not defending Hopkins, as I have not heard about this prior to this thread, but is this any different than finding out Phantom kids had food poisoning, or hearing about another corps that ended up with 15 kids getting poison ivy at a rehearsal site a few years back. And it just seems to me that the way rumors always get blown out of proportion, that announcing the facts can prevent some of that.

As much as I know we all love to hate on old Hopkins, it WAS a mistake and the post was deleted and replaced with an apology immediately.

No, see, when it comes to George and certain folks on DCP, none of that matters. What happened on his facebook page took place in the span of a couple hours, the "backlash" consisted of about twenty or so responses from die-hard Cadets supporters mostly and was nowhere near in the same universe as angry or outraged as things normally get when it comes to George's typical views on drum corps. They sincerely questioned the privacy issues and suggested he should just probably take it down, and as you said, he immediately took it down and apologized (below).

Apologies for my posting medical updates from the Cadets Spring Training ...

I had an edited version that took out all names. I posted the wrong one ...

My point ..

was to share a bit concerning the physical demand as well as the excellent care the Cadets receive.

My apology to all whose privacy I inadvertently tred upon.

At this point ... I think I will post nothing ... say that the trainers and members are doing a great job ... and get myself back to raising money.

Sorry.

Did I mention that all of this took place twelve days ago? That's an enternity in drum corps time. Frankly, I'm surprised it took Ream this long to find a way to cram this little bit of non-news into a Cadets-related post. But hey, gotta get those shots in somehow, right? "Loved the preview...did you guys hear what George did twelve days ago???" LOL

• Like 1

HIPAA only applies to health care organizations transmitting health information in electronic form under a specific set of rules. We actually need a better set of privacy rules in this country.

The Privacy Rule, as well as all the Administrative Simplification rules, apply to health plans, health care clearinghouses, and to any health care provider who transmits health information in electronic form in connection with transactions for which the Secretary of HHS has adopted standards under HIPAA (the “covered entities”).

Actually it can be any form of communications, not just electonic. Agree with privacy rules and people (read head of a Drum Corps) waking up to what can happen when you release info on people. Saying corps members are sick/injured is one thing but releasing the names.... DOH!! At least GH realized the screw up.

Every year have couple of training sessions on what can be done if some scum bucket gets just a few pieces of personal information... scary crap but you have to think like a POS to really get it. Yeah, I can do that real easy, scares the Hell out of my wife when I notice weird stuff that everyone else misses....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

As much as I know we all love to hate on old Hopkins, it WAS a mistake and the post was deleted and replaced with an apology immediately.

I wasn't hating on him. I found it sadly amusing a guy in his position wouldn't know better. I again get the intent

No, see, when it comes to George and certain folks on DCP, none of that matters. What happened on his facebook page took place in the span of a couple hours, the "backlash" consisted of about twenty or so responses from die-hard Cadets supporters mostly and was nowhere near in the same universe as angry or outraged as things normally get when it comes to George's typical views on drum corps. They sincerely questioned the privacy issues and suggested he should just probably take it down, and as you said, he immediately took it down and apologized (below).

Did I mention that all of this took place twelve days ago? That's an enternity in drum corps time. Frankly, I'm surprised it took Ream this long to find a way to cram this little bit of non-news into a Cadets-related post. But hey, gotta get those shots in somehow, right? "Loved the preview...did you guys hear what George did twelve days ago???" LOL

i just mentiond it as entertaining watching people freak. I also know some non facebook messages were less than polite. Not wise to #### off parents paying you $3k plus.

I also just found out about it when a screen shot was sent to me while i watching the live feed. I don't follow george on Facebook, so I'm usually the last to know what he says and does on there. if I wanted to truly take shots on Hop, I could go after topics far more damaging to him and/or YEA.

as for the show...love the music. meh on the narration...reminds me way too much of 2008. stage is a distraction plus

• Like 1

I wasn't hating on him. I found it sadly amusing a guy in his position wouldn't know better. I again get the intent

Except it wasn't that he didn't know better, it was because he posted the wrong thing by accident. Now whether he was telling the truth or not is a whole different thing but trying to play him as a fool sounds like you're taking shots at him. Just my 2 cents.

Another showing of the program tonight at 8 est @http://yea.org/2014-jtown2

Error displaying the error page: Application Instantiation Error: Could not connect to MySQL.

Seems to be working much better the second time around......

So, is "That is what he said" going to be the 2014 version of "This, I Believe!" ?

Also: This I Believe was SEVEN years ago? ####, I am getting old.