The Cadets - 2014

But it hasn't been. Like at all. There's been no real blowback to any of it as far as I can tell. If you're going to do a show about American presidents throughout history, it makes sense to end on the current one, no matter who that is. Frankly I think great care was taken to play to both sides of the aisle (the Reagan inclusion, etc.) strictly to nip any potential cries of imbalance in the bud.

I agree with you that there has been great care regarding including Reagan and Obama. I'm glad that you haven't seen any blowback on the show; I've seen a bit here and there, but not a LOT over that specific section of the show, but what I've heard are comments wishing that those weren't in the show if this was a show about the three presidents. I dunno. Apparently I'm a troll ########.

I only remember your political rants. You must live in California now.

Keeping it classy Mr. Garden State!

Wait, are you Al Chez?

Al-Chez-Feature-II-e1354890871240.jpg

Edited by jjeffeory

Well, Obama dismantled the NASA program so Crown is kind of disrespecting our president with a space show so despite that I love Crown this year, I just won't watch them because it's anti-American, and I hate them now. And Cadets have narration and I hate them too. BD has beautiful chairs and coatracks this year and got them from Walmart where I work so I love them this season.

What? lol.

• Like 3

I dunno, he's the current president. I kinda object to the Reagan thing too. It's too politically charged.

Well, he did say that. That is was he said. But it's touchy and politically charged for so many Americans. Just seems like a lightning rod.

And that's probably why a show like this is important honestly... The 3 featured presidents, as revered as they all are, were at one point politically polarizing figures (Is it any wonder why 2 of the three historically revered presidents featured were assasinated?) So maybe we can see the pointlessness of becoming politically charged and touchy about historical presidential quotes... even the more recent historical ones...

Edited by charlie1223
  • Like 1

And that's probably why a show like this is important honestly... All these presidents, as revered as they all are, were at one point politically polarizing figures (Is it any wonder why 2 of the three historically revered presidents featured were assasinated?) So maybe we can see the pointlessness of becoming politically charged and touchy about historical presidential quotes...

Good point!

Not everyone responds to that type of activism; it only pushes them further away.

For my money, I would prefer to just enjoy the show and not get a bunch of messages directly fed to me. My experience on this planet is different than your experience. I just prefer the abstract concepts and ideas. This is why with a show like this, I tend to concentrate on the music and the motion. That way I respect other people who may enjoy other aspects of the show.

Well, this is what I try to do unless someone tries to mess with me.

Seriously, I'm tired of people ranking on any corps that work so hard and put out such amazing products. I'm a Cadets homer, but think

BD, Crown, Bloo , SCV, Cavies are all amazing this season and don't pull their shows apart like bored teenage girls.

I don't see anybody attacking the corps members or how hard they work. And some of the people who have expressed concerns about the show design appear to be homers themselves or at least Cadets fans so the equation really doesn't add up.

• Like 1

The show needs some comic relief a la Bush "Fool me once ..." or Clinton"I did not have sex with that woman...."

That is what he said, that is what William Clinton said.

Maybe they could throw in a little Nixon "I am not a crook!" In there too?

I don't see anybody attacking the corps members or how hard they work. And some of the people who have expressed concerns about the show design appear to be homers themselves or at least Cadets fans so the equation really doesn't add

What?

Well while everyone's on here having a god #### hissy fit, Cadets just had show tonight and they pulled away from Bluecoats just a teency weency bit. So apparently something's working.

Good Job Cadets.

• Like 2