The Cadets - 2014

Okay here's a little general rant I have about everybody on here.

What in the world causes people to get so riled up about politics?! Whatever policy is "best" is all opinion just like every darn word that is typed onto these forums. If we're able to respectpeople's opinions on here, why is it so hard to respect opinions on politics?

Probably you don't have enough life experience to understand that people's live are affected by politics, policies, and ideas and it's just a touchy thing when you try and mix things that have an effect on people's everyday life and are potentially VERY stressful things with "entertainment".

It's really touchy is all.

I wasn't going to assume anything when all you said was "I can't stand Obama". My statements were based on the assumption that you meant that towards him as a person. If that's not the case, substitute any generic person into my rant.

ok - I just want you to know I could care less "yes we can" is used in the program - I believe it! And I certainly don't hate the man - I think he means well and is a good person and family man.

And your rant is completely fair - people get crazy over politics lol

Back on topic - it will be interesting to see how the Cadets score tonight with all the changes - the reworked ending is pretty straight forward - but the tempo changes and adding/subtracting counts during the show and reworking drum parts etc -- maybe it will be too much too quick, or maybe they'll blow right through the changes.

So much muscle memory involved at this point in the season

Takes a lot of focus and it's so much MENTAL the first show or two after big changes

So I guess the score tonight/tomorrow night will tell us a little about all that.

• Like 1

Probably you don't have enough life experience to understand that people's live are affected by politics, policies, and ideas and it's just a touchy thing when you try and mix things that have an effect on people's everyday life and are potentially VERY stressful things with "entertainment".

I once made a big mistake when visiting a client in NY back in the early 2000's. I asked a group of people in a meeting what I thought was an innocent political question.

That won't happen again.

• Like 2

I guess so. I guess I'll see how my views change or not change in the next 10 years

I guess so. I guess I'll see how my views change or not change in the next 10 years

20 years... Give it 20 years. You learn so much more when you're over 30. lol

ok - I just want you to know I could care less "yes we can" is used in the program - I believe it! And I certainly don't hate the man - I think he means well and is a good person and family man.

And your rant is completely fair - people get crazy over politics lol

Back on topic - it will be interesting to see how the Cadets score tonight with all the changes - the reworked ending is pretty straight forward - but the tempo changes and adding/subtracting counts during the show and reworking drum parts etc -- maybe it will be too much too quick, or maybe they'll blow right through the changes.

So much muscle memory involved at this point in the season

Takes a lot of focus and it's so much MENTAL the first show or two after big changes

So I guess the score tonight/tomorrow night will tell us a little about all that.

They'll do great! They are a talented and hard working bunch of Cadets... Edited by theCHEZman
  • Like 1

Lol. This show is so NOT Political. What a bunch of @$$h@/&$! On here..

• Like 1

Lol. This show is so NOT Political. What a bunch of ###h@/&$! On here..

Really? LOL.

A show about PRESIDENTS isn't political? A show with PRESIDENTS in the show is political by definition. ###h@/&$!

Edited by jjeffeory

I kinda agree... but I also think that the way the cadets did it you would have to be crazy to find their presentation offensive politically...

• Like 1

It's funny you mentioned that (and I agree)

Last night during rehearsal Gino kept trying to pull that out of the hornline and essentially said at one point "the next ten days are about more power, more emotion out of your horns" -- so they see that and seem to be working on it

Felt better last night in person but still work to do - brass is a little too controlled at times

Sometimes it is worth losing a .1-.2 in a performance caption to gain that point in GE. Dangerous line to walk, but when it works the pay off is well worth it!